Interactive Firewall Pop-up Gone Before I Can Click On It

Have to join in when I saw this thread. Same problem.

Window 7 64, Eset was working a few weeks ago, without this flickering of asking about a connection. Can't even read it is so fast. Interactive mode (firewall).

Happens, with Mail Washer pro 6.5.4 (old version) and "Internet Download Manager"

I uninstalled, went back to my other Firewall.

I was beginning to like Eset Internet security.

No support ticket, it was like a circus just to join this forum.

Wont reinstall until this is fixed.

Major Problem for me!

Latest update:

I ran for a little while using the previous version of eset Internet Security.  The problematic behavior continued.  I then ran with only the anti-virus program with a separate firewall.  The combination worked fairly well, but I eventually realized that the anti-virus program did not integrate with Thunderbird.  So that wasn't sustainable, especially as I consider the most likely entry point for malware is via e-mail.  (That's certainly not true for everyone, but I think it is for me.)

Anyway, I eventually returned to the latest iteration of eset Internet Security, placing the firewall in "Learning Mode."  I dare not try it in "Interactive" mode, if only because I do not want to know if that's still a problem.

I will say that I think that overall my computer/internet ran a bit more quickly with using the anti-virus with a separate firewall...fwiw. Still, I'm happy with how things have been working now.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:21 AM, SRT said:

No support ticket, it was like a circus just to join this forum.

I would strongly encourage you to create a support ticket.  My understanding from someone in Tech Support with whom I had spoken on this issue said that, basically, those support tickets help them understand the degree to which a given problem is widespread.  The more widespread, the more likely they'll work on a fix.

To quote the tech: "The more customers we have reporting the issue, the more priority that issue will get from the developers to resolve."

So please do create a support ticket.  It may not help you with the problem we/you are having, but then again....

Thanks.

Edited by 819b6ca
Add information; thanks.

2 hours ago, 819b6ca said:

Anyway, I eventually returned to the latest iteration of eset Internet Security, placing the firewall in "Learning Mode."  I dare not try it in "Interactive" mode, if only because I do not want to know if that's still a problem.

That is not a secure way to run the firewall for any extended period of time. All Internet traffic will be allowed including malware related traffic. This mode is only intended to be used to build a rule set for system and installed apps. Once that is accomplished, the firewall needs to be switched to Interactive or Policy mode. Also the preferred and safest way to employ Learning mode for any Eset protection is immediately after a clean OS install with immediate installation of all apps.

7 hours ago, 819b6ca said:

I would strongly encourage you to create a support ticket.  My understanding from someone in Tech Support with whom I had spoken on this issue said that, basically, those support tickets help them understand the degree to which a given problem is widespread.  The more widespread, the more likely they'll work on a fix.

To quote the tech: "The more customers we have reporting the issue, the more priority that issue will get from the developers to resolve."

So please do create a support ticket.  It may not help you with the problem we/you are having, but then again....

Thanks.

They won't let me,

Tried and they said " We apologize for the inconvenience. Our office can only provide support for licenses that are associated with the U.S. or Canada region."

So I am assuming the product is different in different countries.

Their loss. Moved on to a product that has great customer support. Eset sure doesn't have.  

Can't wait for their slow ways to fix something MAJOR.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, SRT said:

They won't let me,

Tried and they said " We apologize for the inconvenience. Our office can only provide support for licenses that are associated with the U.S. or Canada region."

So I am assuming the product is different in different countries.

Their loss. Moved on to a product that has great customer support. Eset sure doesn't have.  

Can't wait for their slow ways to fix something MAJOR.

I'm sure each country should have their own support

The only thing is can think of that is causing this behavior is that Desktop Notifications has been to "Diagnostic" versus the default "Informative" level. What is causing the quick appearance/disappearance firewall alerts is Eset's display of existing allow rule execution.

Eset_Desktop.thumb.png.05275e12c0355f02692922e2442bdcc7.png

On 8/31/2019 at 8:35 AM, itman said:

The only thing is can think of that is causing this behavior is that Desktop Notifications has been to "Diagnostic" versus the default "Informative" level. What is causing the quick appearance/disappearance firewall alerts is Eset's display of existing allow rule execution.

Eset_Desktop.thumb.png.05275e12c0355f02692922e2442bdcc7.png

This made the alerts flash slower, still to fast to reply.

Using this logic, turned it to "warnings"  no change from "Diagnostic".

3 hours ago, SRT said:

This made the alerts flash slower, still to fast to reply.

Using this logic, turned it to "warnings"  no change from "Diagnostic".

Desktop notification duration can be set to the following range; 3 - 30 secs.. Increase to whatever you like and see if that allows the alert tp display on the desktop long enough for you to respond to it. Per my screen shot, mine is to 8 secs. which allows me plenty of time to respond to any alert.

No effect.

Reset to Eset to defualts. Also reinstalled from scratch (using the Eset cleaning tool) same results.

I thinking there was some Eset update that caused this.

Worked after the program update then about a week later this came into effect.

No other new programs where installed, just usual (programs all ready installed) updates (No Windows updates).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, 819b6ca said:

Me too (12.2.30.0).

Just to let you know version 13 is available via the website and will bw released slowly via program update