Endpoint Antivirus and Quickbooks

I am having trouble getting Quickbooks to allow multiple users while having Endpoint Antivirus 5.0 installed. The only way I can get the Quickbooks sharing to work is by disabling ESET. Has anyone found a fix for this?

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling real-time protection or protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference?

Michelle, I've done that. Didn't help. 

Marcos, yes disabling R-T protection helped. 

Protocol filtering did not. Apparently there are some services in Windows I haven't found yet to specifically add to the exclusion list.

We have a shared NAS drive I'd like to put the files, but Quickbooks wants to install some sort of server script and that doesn't work on a "drive only" device. So right now I'm stuck with having to find a way to get QB's "server mode" through ESET.

Edited by David VanVranken

• Administrators

The best would be if you could reproduce the problem with Process monitor capturing all file operations performed. When done, compress the Procmon log, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link. I'll check the log for possible issues at the file system level.

Thank you Marcos. I've sent you the link.

Anyone else? I can't imagine I'm the first one to have this problem. Right now, my only "fix" is to turn off Real Time Protection for the hours the accountant needs access and that's not really a good fix in anyone's book.

Quickbooks gives me a list of executables and ports to open. ESET gives me the ability to exclude folders. If it's there, I haven't yet found anything that goes down to the file or port level. I've excluded every know Quickbooks folder they tell me and still nothing.

Edited by David VanVranken