Kairostasis

What exactly is TrojanDownloader.Agent.THG?

Lately, I have been getting a "A threat TrojanDownloader.Agent.THG was found when Google Chrome tried to access --"  message. [I have attached a screenshot]. 

So, this happens with quite a few sites, but when I actually browse them they seem innocuous. So, I was wondering what exactly is the TrojanDownloader.Agent.THG?

Eset's database does not have enough information about it: https://www.virusradar.com/en/JS_TrojanDownloader.Agent.THG/description

An example of a site which fires the message: hxxp://www.peachpit.com/

Screenshot_1.jpg

It's a javascript code that downloads payload from another website. An administrator has probably already cleaned the website from malware; at least I'm unable to reproduce the detection. Or I don't match conditions (e.g. country) for the malware to be injected into viewed web pages.

Yes, it seems to be dependent on the country. Eset blocks the threat only when I access the website from my original IP. 

So, is it safe to access such websites as long as Eset blocks the threat or would I risk infecting my PC? 

You'd better avoid visiting such website. You never know if the malware will update and will be undetected then.