blocking some TCP packets WAN connection device

i recently noticed that ESET has been blocking a large number of TCP packets from my router and i am not sure what the cause might be.  the count in the screenshot is low at one point it was over 100 packets blocked.  if anyone is able to shine some light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated

2077164624_2019-08-13(3).thumb.png.07d761d645783154155fd831d309f094.png

• Administrators

Are you actually experiencing any issues? You shouldn't be since the packets didn't belong to any open connections according to the screen shot. Otherwise we'll need more information about the issue as well as an advanced network protection log for analysis.

I would start by ensuring all ports on the WAN site of the router are closed and preferably in stealth status. Stealth status means the ports are "invisible" to anyone doing external port scanning against your router.

Next, I would check out if you have a device on your internal network for some reason trying to access this device in an unstateful manner.

The Eset firewall is stateful. It will only allow inbound TCP packets that are associated with a prior outbound transmission.