Can't active it when I reinstall Windows 10 in new hdd

Hi, I bought a essp version online, it active my software automatically. and I received a email which title is "Important ESET Smart Security Premium license information" but no content in the email, only have 2 attachment: essp.zip and PswMng.zip.  now my hdd broken and I replaced a new one and reinstalled Windows 10, and want active it again. but cannot find license. and I don't know how to use the essp.lic file. now I stuck here. and I use the email address which I use to buy it to create a account . there is no product in this account. and it still auto renewal. Now I cannot use it but need pay it automatically. and I cannot cancel the auto renewal. How can I do.

One of those zipped e-mail's should contain your Eset licence key. It probably begins with CAXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX where "X" is any upper case character or numeric digit.

15 hours ago, itman said:

One of those zipped e-mail's should contain your Eset licence key. It probably begins with CAXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX where "X" is any upper case character or numeric digit.

I opened the file, but password display is garbled.

1 hour ago, alain said:

I opened the file, but password display is garbled.

When you install Eset, it will ask you if you have a license key. Select that option and enter the 20 character license key provided in the e-mail. No password is required to do this.

Use this as a reference: https://support.eset.com/kb3418/

Edited by itman

• Administrators

I would merely add that license files (*.lic) are intended only for activating legacy server products for Linux. Likewise a username/password is intended to update legacy products. Please refer to itman's post above and continue as he advised.