Un-reinstall on new SSD same machine multi seat license

jdhughen

I have a 2 year 5 seat License with only 4 seats currently in use. On one of the currently licensed machines I'm moving from Win7 to win10.  I'm doing a clean install of win10, same machine, but installing a new SSD.  

When I install NOD32 on my new SSD/win 10 I don't want to lose my other "unused" license seat cause i have plans for it on another machine, so my question is..... Is there a deactivation or transfer process for me to continue to use the same seat on this machine and not get charged another seat use against my 5?

Joel

Edited by jdhughen
I found support contact info

• Administrators

If you uninstall ESET from the former HDD, deactivation will be performed and the unit / seat will be freed. You can also deactivate it via the License manager at my.eset.com.

As for contacting the support, if you can find an answer using the search form and use the wizard (home support - other question - feedback / other - No, I still need help), a contact form like this will appear:

image.png

Thank you for the quick response. 

I was wondering about uninstalling also deactivating but it didn't say that anywhere i found and in the "transfer" article the steps had you install first then uninstall which i obviously could not do in my situation. Anyway Thanks for your help and for answering my question.

Joel