Block File Type in particular local folder

tomrgsd

• Administrators

You could use HIPS to block files with certain extensions in a particular folder. However, HIPS doesn't currently support detection of file types other than by their extension.

56 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You could use HIPS to block files with certain extensions in a particular folder. However, HIPS doesn't currently support detection of file types other than by their extension.

I can work with that. I will have to do some testing. Thanks.

After some testing. it doesn't appear it will work. It blocks the files from executing, but I need something to delete existing files in the folder.

• Administrators

Do you want to protect files with certain extension in a particular folder and prevent them from being deleted?

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do you want to protect files with certain extension in a particular folder and prevent them from being deleted?

No. I want delete a particular file type in a defined folder.

• Administrators

This is not possible. Only blocking creation of files with a specific extension or blocking access to such files should be possible.

23 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does this mean that the HIPS now supports C:\somefolder\*.exe file creation monitoring?