Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ensto

ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server won't update to latest version through ECA

Recommended Posts

After trying to update ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server to the latest 7.1.10009.0 (en_US), ECA still says it is version 7.1.10008.0.

Everything works normally when updating and when the update is complete(as the task manager says), the server displays a critical message as usual about the successful installation but must restart to take effect. Then when the server has communicated with ECA and shows normal operation again (green check mark) after reboot it stills says version 7.1.10008.0.

Unfortunately I don't have direct access to the server so I can't see what's going on, but this is the first time this has happened in ECA so I don't think it's a problem with our server. I also noticed that there are no changelog to view in the repository as usual?

Our server run Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 64-bit and has OS version 6.3.9600.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this problem persist after 24 hours? This information is fetched from the OS using WMI, at least in the installed applications pane. What information is displayed in the "computers" table, under "security product"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Does this problem persist after 24 hours? This information is fetched from the OS using WMI, at least in the installed applications pane. What information is displayed in the "computers" table, under "security product"? 

Well it hasn't been 24 hours yet(about 20) since I began the first update yesterday but for now it says ESET Mail Security under ''Security Product'' and 7.1.10008.0 under ''Security Product Version''. The computer also display green check mark status and last connected 2019 Jul 31 11:34:34.

The bar chart in dashboard still prompts me about the outdated version and likewise in the related computer's overview.

I'll try to run the update once more later today.

EDIT:

I also forgot to mention in the first post that we are connected to the eu01.eca.eset.com server for ECA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ensto said:

I'll try to run the update once more later today.

I recently ran the update once more by clicking the red part of bar chart (server bar chart) in dashboard and then choose ''Update installed ESET products...''. Then there is only one update available (ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server, 7.1.10009.0, en_US).

The result is unfortunately exactly the same as before. It also seems like the auto-reboot doesn't work either because after about 30 minutes the computer still hasn't rebooted. But as soon as I manually create a reboot task the computer reboots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please double-check that task executed on client has expected configuration? Especially version of product is interesting, as according to description it seems like repair is executed instead of upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Could you please double-check that task executed on client has expected configuration? Especially version of product is interesting, as according to description it seems like repair is executed instead of upgrade.

Checked the task configuration and it's says it's going to install v. 7.1.10009.0 ASAP and auto-reboot if needed.

See attached jpg.

Task 1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ensto said:

Checked the task configuration and it's says it's going to install v. 7.1.10009.0 ASAP and auto-reboot if needed.

See attached jpg.

Task 1.jpg

Today I requested an SysInspector log for further analysis and I was rather surprised because the log says that the GUI-version

is v. 7.1.10009.0? Is it possible that everything is fine but ECA just won't detect the new version properly? Maybe the problem is related to the agent (EMA)? See attached jpg.

Note:

I also noticed that when viewing the SYSlog in the ECA webGUI, the information about the module for advanced spam database seems broken but works fine when viewing from desktop application (NOD32 non business v.12.2.23.0). See attached jpg.

 

ECA Sysinspec.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, Ensto said:

After trying to update ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server to the latest 7.1.10009.0 (en_US), ECA still says it is version 7.1.10008.0.

An update.

Seems to be working now :)(except the minor bug in the Syslog viewer).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...