Create an exception for ARP Cache Poisoning attack

Hello. 

I am just getting to know ERA. I was wondering if someone could walk me through how to create an exception in ERA for ARP Cache poisoning attack from a specific device. It`s a Synology doing due to the Network Bond, I assume. Thank you. 

• ESET Staff

AFAIK this recommendation should apply also for the business products: https://support.eset.com/kb2933/ 

Visuals of the screens should be the same in the policy editor of ESET Security Management Center. If you are using ERA, I would recommend to upgrade to ESMC, but the policy settings are equal among the two. 

My apologies for stating the ERA. We are using ESMC. The support article shows how to create an exception on workstations. Is it possible to perform this action globally in ESMC

• ESET Staff

Yes, the workflow is the same. However, as of now, it´s purely a manual process, where you will have to simply input all of the valid fields manually, into the policy during its creation. For the future, we are planning to improve this process, and allow creation from the "threats" pane, however it requires bigger changes in our products. 

Policy screens are looking the same as the ones on the local endpoint. Just navigate to the section "policies", click "new policy", choose "ESET Endpoint Security for Windows", and continue from there.