I just got a notification from ESET on my desktop computer (windows 10) that its blocking an 'ARP CACHE POISONING ATTACK'  from my MacBookPro's IP on the local home network.

The Mac connects to my LAN via WIFI.  I did a bunch of googling, but not sure what it actually means, and what I need to do about it.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve

• Administrators

This detection is triggered if an ARP response about a particular IP address is returned from multiple devices, ie. when the MAC addresses are different.  It could happen when multiple NICs are used in a server for load balancing for instance.

Marcos - 

Thank you, do you suspect it could happen in the home network I have?  WIFI Router to which I have my XBX/my phone/macbook/ipad connected via WIFI and a wired ethernet connection to the router for my desktop?

Thank you again!

If this ARP poisoning attack just started on your device with Eset installed and Eset has been installed for some time, it appears your Macbook has been compromised. So that is the device that needs to be examined in detail.