Security Suite potentialy Blocks or brakes Webpage

Hi guys,

I don't know how much of that is ESET's doing but I have reinstalled windows,  Security Suite, allow all traffic and even disabled the whole suite and yet still happens

I got a retail copy of Windows 10 Pro to play around and slowly do the move transition and everything seem to work OK  until I install  Internet Security Suite.  After that,whether I use FF or Edge or any browser I get pretty much every web page "Potential Security Risk" and if I happen not to get that Warning,  the web page is unreadable like the images are gone. and whats left are empty frames

All works great on Windows 7 but not quite well on Win 10.

Also, strangely on one of my sons PC which is windows 10 it seem to work well so I'm not sure whats happening but like said, If I uninstall ESET its all good.

NOTE: I did get the same warnings on few of my other system in the past and they are on Win 7 Pro so I'm leaning towards something else rather then ESET but its very strange that as soon is I uninstall Internet Security Suite its all back to normal.

47966803-4d933800-e01c-11e8-8454-8b99c433f933.jpg

Edited by URBAN0

• URBAN0 changed the title to Security Suite potentialy Blocks or brakes Webpage

OK I think I'm on a good track Its a bit easier to troubleshoot when you have multiple systems 😃

I will report back once I know  the cause, It might be helpful to others down the line

I can connect to the web site fine as noted by the below screen shot using Win 10 x(64) Home 1903 and EIS ver. 12.2.23.

Do note I use both uBlock and Decentaleyes and both are blocking a number of things on that web page.

Since you installed Win 10 Pro, the issue might be you somehow activated some default Group Policy template by mistake.

Eset_Page.thumb.png.fefb076be9ebfae6d4976fbb5eca023d.png

Edited by itman

5 minutes ago, itman said:

I can connect to the web site fine as noted by the below screen shot using Win 10 x(64) Home 1903 and EIS ver. 12.2.23.

Do note I use both uBlock and Decentaleyes and both are blocking a number of things on that web page.

Since you installed Win 10 Pro, the issue might be you somehow activated some default Group Policy template by mistake.

Eset_Page.thumb.png.fefb076be9ebfae6d4976fbb5eca023d.png

Ya I thought I found it solution but still does that. It goes ON and off 😗 where is my bets place to start I am nub when comes to Win 10 and ESET suite

Edited by URBAN0

Appears you are running a beta ver. of FireFox; i.e. "nightly." Does this same behavior occur on the latest Quantum 68.0.1 ver.?

I am on 68.01 but even using othwer browsers I get "

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
That's why I'm suspecting ESET but what and again as soon I uninstall ESET its all normal 😔
Edited by URBAN0

The message you are receiving from FireFox is one of its own block messages. If you are seeing like behavior in other browsers, I would say it is a clear indication that something malicious is being hosted on that web site.

I believe the only reason I could access the site was uBlock filtered out all the objectionable material on the web site prior to it being rendered in FireFox.

Refer to my screen shot. Note the yellow triangle on top of the lock symbol. This is FireFox's indicator that secure content was blocked from being displayed; i.e. uBlock resultant activity.

Edited by itman

This is weird behaviour. Few hours ago I had to leave for meeting so I turned my PC off when I comeback I turned it back on and  I'm trying to duplicate this and I can't,  its working without issue I don't know whats going on.

As I said, one of my sons have Windows 10 home and Internet Security Suite and not a single glitch so I didn't know what to think and coincidentally each time I uninstalled ESET things where working fine but now its working great so I'm puzzled.

I will troubleshoot further to know where the issue was coming from and I will report back but I'm open to suggestions if anyone might have some clues

Edited by URBAN0

• Administrators

Did you try the following?
- with all browsers closed, disable SSL/TLS filtering and click OK
- re-enable SSL/TLS filtering and click OK
- launch a browser and check if the problem has been fixed.

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you try the following?
- with all browsers closed, disable SSL/TLS filtering and click OK
- re-enable SSL/TLS filtering and click OK
- launch a browser and check if the problem has been fixed.

No I haven't try that, but now I'm trying to reproduce the issue again and it wont come up, everything seem to work flawlessly🤔

Next time (if) it happens again I will follow your suggestion, If it doesn't happen I will try to figure out anyways what could have cause that.

Thank you

10 hours ago, BeanSlappers said:

I have had this problem too, and its only been since going to eset, but cannot remember for the life of me how I was able to access the site.  For me it was doing it with protonmail.

Its been smooth since yesterday.

I love ESET's Internet Security Suite, just like NOD32, It has such a small impact on any of my systems and tbh. I have underestimated ESET's complexity within the settings.

Coming from avast and Outpost which I was very familiar with...well at least with Outpost, avast was so unpredictable.

Outpost was great, I've used it for  probably 15 years or so, It had super tight anti-leak and HIPS host protection control and I knew every corner of that software but I have to say.. ESET's functionality its so darn  Impressive and  I'm surprised at myself to like something that much I never get that exited about using security software as I am now with ESET.....ESET for life 👍

As long is you get really familiar with all the settings, which admittedly I am so new to it, some of the glitches I was experiencing were due to the lack of my knowledge, which I'm slowly getting used to it.

I think I know what was causing the  issue, but this time I don't wan to speculate prematurely until I will test it again, I think it was combination of few things, once I'm 100% sure I will post it back and that might be helpful to others if they ever experience similar behaviour.

Edited by URBAN0

35 minutes ago, BeanSlappers said:

You and I both, I love the product and how it does things in the background.

I agree with you with Avast, that app was very very unpredictable, I couldn't understand why a simple setting could do so much damage.  I came from Kaspersky to Eset.  I was with kaspersky for 10+ years.  Was really loyal to them, got new customers in etc, but they just treat you like after a while, and their tech support is more like support with no knowledge of the products.

I changed because of that and because of their forums where stupid as well and they treat people like they are stupid.  Getting an answer can be a huge ring ma role which is I have been the type that just wants a damn answer and have things fixed and things working correctly. Eset support here etc has been a lot better.  I too am still learning the way around things and watching and learning.

I remembered how I resolved the problem, I used the advanced setup in the list of known certs for SSL/TSL and got it to get the certificate from protonmails website and then cleaned out the DNS cache and rebooted.  After that its worked since then.

At my age, its like with old trees, they don't like to be moved.

After so many years of using avast PRO I had a hard time with this transition to move to new security product but avast didn't give me much of a choice and it took me a while before I decided to give ESET a try but o boy o boy,  what a difference all around👍

Thanks for your input, Its much appreciated.

Edited by URBAN0