ESET Internet Security Question

Hi,  got a question, on latest build EIS I have this pop up window about the virus defs. and other info, but now I have this balloon and it's only a dot, no text at all!

Is this a bug?

edit: Windows 10 Pro, x64 NL - EIS latest build

Edited by Ferenc_

• Administrators

Could you please provide a screen shot? Do you have the option to display update notifications enabled?

image.png

Could you please provide a screen shot?

Sure, here it is, as you can see there is only a dot in the balloon, no text.

Do you have the option to display update notifications enabled?

Yes, I checked a few times.

NLpgmDb.jpg

Edited by Ferenc_

• Administrators

I was unable to reproduce it. If you switch to pre-release updates, do you get an empty notification? That what I tried and the notification about successful update was displayed alright:

image.png

Sorry for the late reply, busy with my life..

The problem still exists, I tried everything, clean install OS, removed apps, nothing helps.. :(

• Administrators

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector on your machine so that we can check the version of installed modules as well as the configuration of your ESET product.

Hello,
Sorry to join.
I would like to tell you that I solved the same problem after updating to a new version of EIS. The dot appeared not only in the notification, but also in the event log, and in the task scheduler the update rules. I tried to solved the problem with czech support but they were unable to help me with this. They recommended me to remove third-party application and reinstal EIS. Finally, I tried to download version 11.0.159.9 from your site with the old version of Eset after installation. After that I updated the EIS to the latest version through the updates, checked the event log again, the scheduler, and tried the notifications, all right. In support, they said it wasn't a central problem, but only for me. Hopefully, it would help someone if he did.  Sorry for my english.

Hello,
I had the same dots problem in the notifications, planner (...) in the French version of EIS and I noticed today that it was resolved without me doing anything. ESET server problem ? The only modules updated recently are :
(sorry for my English)

image.png.f49f2e8a422ec65ebe7c86ff379fa5fc.png