Remove malware completely

• Most Valued Members

Depending on the results and the logs of ESET , did you run a deep scan for all the PC?

If you'd like you can also try HitmanPro to scan the PC as a another opinion scanner (Don't run it as real-time because it will conflict)

• Administrators

It depends on how sensitive documents and files were on the machine. For instance, if it was a computer in a bank with customers' data, I'd prefer re-deploying the OS from a clean image than just cleaning the malware itself if it was running there and the actions and changes to the system were not tracked, e.g. using an EDR solution.

If it was just a home computer, I'd trust the antivirus that it has cleaned the malware completely. Also you mentioned that you had uninstalled the malware. However, malware does not install in the OS and does not appear in the list of installed programs so I assume you might have meant a potentially unwanted application and not actual malware.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Rami said:

Depending on the results and the logs of ESET , did you run a deep scan for all the PC?

If you'd like you can also try HitmanPro to scan the PC as a another opinion scanner (Don't run it as real-time because it will conflict) 

Yeah,i would if i can,as i only did a deep scan for my laptop.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:24 PM, Marcos said:

It depends on how sensitive documents and files were on the machine. For instance, if it was a computer in a bank with customers' data, I'd prefer re-deploying the OS from a clean image than just cleaning the malware itself if it was running there and the actions and changes to the system were not tracked, e.g. using an EDR solution.

If it was just a home computer, I'd trust the antivirus that it has cleaned the malware completely. Also you mentioned that you had uninstalled the malware. However, malware does not install in the OS and does not appear in the list of installed programs so I assume you might have meant a potentially unwanted application and not actual malware.

My computer was slow until I uninstalled them,At that time, my sister asked me to clean the computer, i scaned and found what my sister called malware and uninstalled them,all this was done under the supervision of my sister.I am just worried that i 'am not doing enough.

Edited by Koissen

• Most Valued Members
On 7/26/2019 at 5:26 AM, Koissen said:

My computer was slow until I uninstalled them,At that time, my sister asked me to clean the computer, i scaned and found what my sister called malware and uninstalled them,all this was done under the supervision of my sister.I am just worried that i 'am not doing enough.

Give HitmanPro a go as a second opinion scanner over ESET ( Don't run it as real-time , it will conflict with ESET) , see if anything pops-up with it, I do believe that ESET did clean everything , but why not , just give Hitman a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, Koissen said:

You just uninstalled the malware you find,what about the malware you didn't find?Do a deep scan on your computer,some malware is not so easy to find.Ccleaner and Safewiper are available.

Edited by Jangpeng