Update Now Task

• Administrators

Old versions like Endpoint v5 update 6 times during work days. The latest version of Endpoint (v7) updates every 10 minutes besides standard modules updates that I've already mentioned.

The task should be run as soon as the client connects to the ERA Server. With ESMC, it's performed instantly after sending a wake-up call.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Abhisheksinghal said:

I was wondering if I can read more about the updates like Endpoint v5 update 6 times during work days or much more about the topic?

Not sure what you would like to know about these updates. The engine as well as some other modules are updated 6 times a day to cover recently discovered malware.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Not sure what you would like to know about these updates. The engine as well as some other modules are updated 6 times a day to cover recently discovered malware.

I would like to know the source of the information, like how do you know so much? 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Abhisheksinghal said:

I would like to know the source of the information, like how do you know so much? 

What kind of information are you referring to? If you mean how we get new malware, there are many sources from which AV companies receive it and also the companies share a portion of samples with other ones. A very valuable source of samples are those submitted automatically from users via the LiveGrid Feedback System which helps us react instantly to new borne malware. Of course, in order to take advantage of that, you'd need to use the last version of our products that support streamed updates and have also other security features not present in older versions that help us proactively react to suspicious behavior without updates. Besides that, we offer ESET Dynamic Threat Defense for corporate users which performs instant analysis of suspicious files in a sandbox and samples are evaluated using Augur, our machine learning system and by other mechanisms for maximum accuracy.

For a list of ESET's technologies that protect our users, please read https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/