Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kostadin

Cannot install nod32 av on Manjaro

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey guys i have cpio the both packages installed.

Also have selected ''Allow this file to run as program'',but doesnt show the intaller window.
What to do ?

Edited by Kostadin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kostadin said:

Hey guys i have cpio the both packages installed.

Also have selected ''Allow this file to run as program'',but doesnt show the intaller window.
What to do ?

Did you CHMOD +x the downloaded file ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rami said:

Did you CHMOD +x the downloaded file ?

How to do that ?

Thanks for your fast reply :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kostadin said:

How to do that ?

Thanks for your fast reply :)

You are welcome ,

Open Terminal and navigate to the folder that contains the installer , mostly if you right click in the folder you have the option to open the folder in Terminal

You need to type ,

chmod +x eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

And then :

./eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

Then you will be prompted to put a password for sudo , mostly you will be denied the installation because you lack 2 files from the library , I  just can't recall their names , you can just google them and download them to your linux , and then you can proceed with the installation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rami said:

You are welcome ,

Open Terminal and navigate to the folder that contains the installer , mostly if you right click in the folder you have the option to open the folder in Terminal

You need to type ,

chmod +x eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux 

And then :

./eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux 

Then you will be prompted to put a password for sudo , mostly you will be denied the installation because you lack 2 files from the library , I  just can't recall their names , you can just google them and download them to your linux , and then you can proceed with the installation

I done that,but the program still no launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kostadin said:

I done that,but the program still no launch.

What happens after the second command ?

Can you take a screenshot of the Terminal after you insert the two commands?

Edited by Rami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rami said:

What happens after the second command ?

Can you take a screenshot of the Terminal after you insert the two commands?

2rx8b4w.png

Edited by Kostadin
reedit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kostadin said:

2rx8b4w.png

Forgot to mention that after i enter the password i get the message showed above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Weird , it doesn't happen to me here , what kind of GUI do you use for your Linux ?

Edited by Rami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rami said:

Weird , it doesn't happen to me here , what kind of GUI do you use for your Linux ?

Im using Manjaro 18.0 XFCE with XFCE DE enviroment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kostadin said:

Im using Manjaro 18.0 XFCE with XFCE DE enviroment.

Could you please try to download MATE Gui ? , And you are not using SSH to your machine right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rami said:

Could you please try to download MATE Gui ? , And you are not using SSH to your machine right?

found topic with problem same with mine  :

 

 

Edited by Kostadin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be some kind of a compatibility issue with ESET and Manjaro  , I would wait for ESET Staff to reply about this , they will know more than me.

I don't think it will make difference to install the missing libs , because if the installer opened correctly , it will ask you for the missing libs , so you could download them and re launch the installer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 3:15 PM, Rami said:

It seems to be some kind of a compatibility issue with ESET and Manjaro  , I would wait for ESET Staff to reply about this , they will know more than me.

I don't think it will make difference to install the missing libs , because if the installer opened correctly , it will ask you for the missing libs , so you could download them and re launch the installer.

I will check the topic every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kostadin said:

I will check the topic every day.

Still waiting :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Kostadin said:

Still waiting :P

Sadly ESET doesn't give priority that much to the Linux version because it's not used as the Windows version :(

Have you ever tried to switch to Ubuntu ? even though that Manjaro is based on ArchLinux and ArchLinux is based on Debian which is what Ubuntu is based on ,

But it seems that ESET doesn't support ArchLinux/Manjaro.

Edited by Rami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, Rami said:

Sadly ESET doesn't give priority that much to the Linux version because it's not used as the Windows version :(

Have you ever tried to switch to Ubuntu ? even though that Manjaro is based on ArchLinux and ArchLinux is based on Debian which is what Ubuntu is based on ,

But it seems that ESET doesn't support ArchLinux/Manjaro.

Nope i have used it before,Eset  support manjaro.Dont know whats wrong now.

The only requirement for linux is only kernel 2.6.x and later. And must run at all unix/debian linux's etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kostadin said:

Nope i have used it before,Eset  support manjaro.Dont know whats wrong now.

The only requirement for linux is only kernel 2.6.x and later. And must run at all unix/debian linux's etc.

Do you connect to your machine using SSH ?

Do you have multiple monitors?

These questions might be non-sense , but I am trying to figure out why the installer can't find the display

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rami said:

Do you connect to your machine using SSH ?

Do you have multiple monitors?

These questions might be non-sense , but I am trying to figure out why the installer can't find the display

Both nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kostadin said:

Both nope.

Searching in Google the error message will give you a lot about SSH and something called xhost

Try to see here : https://www.ckode.dk/linux/gtk-warning-cannot-open-display-0/

Copied from the website :

 

Quote

 

Gtk-WARNING: cannot open display 0

08/07/2018

If you’re seeing this error, you’re probably trying to start a GTK application as root and having no luck doing so.

I first noticed it when trying to run gparted from a terminal using sudo.

The problem is the root user not having access to the X server. And the fix is really simple, just run this command:

xhost +local:

Which will grant all local connections access to the X server until the next reboot.

Hope this helps you

 

Update me if that fixes anything for you .

1 - xhost +local:

2 - chmod +x (if not already changed)

3-  ./eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux 

If 3 failed , try it with sudo before.

Edited by Rami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rami said:

Searching in Google the error message will give you a lot about SSH and something called xhost

Try to see here : https://www.ckode.dk/linux/gtk-warning-cannot-open-display-0/

Copied from the website :

 

Update me if that fixes anything for you .

1 - xhost +local: 

2 - chmod +x (if not already changed)

3-  ./eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux 

If 3 failed , try it with sudo before.

xhost: command not found

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Kostadin said:

xhost: command not found

 

well I am out of ideas and everything I search about in Google trying to find a solution for this mentions SSH connections , but in your case you are not using SSH at all , and I do believe the xhost command is SSH related also.

I guess there is nothing to do but wait for an ESET staff, I will tag Marcos and Peter maybe they could help you.

@Marcos

@Peter Randziak

Edited by Rami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rami said:

well I am out of ideas and everything I search about in Google trying to find a solution for this mentions SSH connections , but in your case you are not using SSH at all , and I do believe the xhost command is SSH related also.

I guess there is nothing to do but wait for an ESET staff, I will tag Marcos and Peter maybe they could help you.

@Marcos

@Peter Randziak

FInally found how to do fix it.

I typed sudo su before both commands  :

chmod +x

./eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

And now i finally got it installed :P

Edited by Kostadin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Kostadin said:

FInally found how to do fix it.

I typed sudo su before both commands  :

chmod +x

./eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

And now i finally got it installed :P

As far as I remember there is no need for sudo for chmod but for eset I think yes , if you don't put it , a display would be opened and asks you for the sudo password

I am glad you sorted it out.:)

EDIT : I think I understand the difference between Ubuntu installation and this one , this one prevented the opening of the display because there wasn't any sudo before the command , while in Ubuntu , A display is opened asking you for the sudo

Edited by Rami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In some previous post we mentioned how to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus on Manjaro and make it properly working

Here you can find the information: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...