Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ewong

Migrating to new server

Hi,

I'm attempting to move the ESMC from one old server to a newer one and am following the instructions as stated in [1]  I'm only on the first step, where I need to create a new peer server certificate.  I've let the fields retain the default values (except description), and clicking on the Sign part of the process, I selected the "Certification Authority" and selected the main CA. (the one generated during ESMC installation though I have forgotten if I had a CA password set).    I then click on continue and click on Finish.  It then shows the following error:

Failed to create certificate: Creating and signing peer certificate failed. Check input parameters for invalid or reserved characters, check certification authority pfx/pkcs12 signing certificate and corresponding password.: Trace info: CreatePeerCertificate: PFXImportCertStore failed with The specified network password is not correct. Error code: 0x56

I'm somewhat wondering if there is a password set.  If that's the case,  should I just create a new CA certificate and then migrate the old server to use the new CA certificate and then do the migration of the ESMC to the new server?

Thanks

:ewong

[1] - https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/clean_installation_different_ip.html