Unable to get new Dynamic group to show clients

I am in the process of migrating my clients from version 5.0 to version 7. I am installing the Version 7 agent first, then when they connect, they will show they have Endpoint Version 5.0 installed. I will then start to upgrade those clients endpoint software in batches. I created a new template that was fairly simple, Application Name -> Prefix with ESET and Application Version  -> Prefix 5.0. I then created a new group and used that new template, but it does not show the clients in the list with version 5 installed. Am I missing something?

• ESET Staff

Could you provide more details or screenshot of your template configuration? I think template defined like this:

image.png

should work. Just be aware that it might take some time until device are reporting status -> at least one connection since last template modification is required.

It is working. I did not realize the clients had to re-check in for the group to update. i thought it wold pull from existing data on the server. It seems to be working now.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, tomrgsd said:

It is working. I did not realize the clients had to re-check in for the group to update. i thought it wold pull from existing data on the server. It seems to be working now.

The membership in dynamic groups is evaluated by agent on clients. Therefore agent must first connect to the ESMC server to receive information about dynamic groups. Then it evaluates the membership in DG and sends this information to the ESMC server the next time it connects to the server.