Android mobile security crashing

Has there been a dodgy signature update for ESET security for Android recently? I have it installed on a tablet running ICS and a phone running Kit-Kat and, on both devices, ESET security of Android keeps crashing

Sam here, Eset keeps crashing and saying "Unfortunateily, Moble Security & Antivirus has stopped", I m on a Note 3 started around 8pm EST today. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, it will run until the setup is done, and the main screen goes to come up and then it crashes

Edited by copperic

My 2 tablets (Sam galaxy note 10.1/2014 & nexus 7) and android smartphone all now crashing eset. Glad to know I'm not alone! Seems related to last update, first problem I have ever had with any eset program. Please eset data wizards come up with fix soon!!

Same for me here in Los Angeles, CA. I noticed it around 6:00 pm. PST. on Moto X and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  But on a happier note, NOD32 is still working just fine! :lol:

Found a fix.To fix this problem, please navigate to Settings -> Apps -> ESET Mobile Security and select Clear data.

Password protection should be enabled as long as you have Anti-Theft activated.

• Administrators

Found a fix.To fix this problem, please navigate to Settings -> Apps -> ESET Mobile Security and select Clear data.

Password protection should be enabled as long as you have Anti-Theft activated.

Yes, please use this procedure to clear ESET Mobile Security data. The issue is being investigated right now.

• Administrators

I am unable to clear data as button not available

Any other way to clear data

You may need to deselect ESET Endpoint Security in the Security -> Device administrators setup.

• Administrators

I am unable deselect device administrator as eset crashes before a password can be entered.

Device administrators settings are located in the system setup, not in ESET Endpoint Security.

"I am unable deselect device administrator as eset crashes before a password can be entered."

I had the same issue, but whilst it seemed to be an endless loop as I kept hitting "back" to get out of there, and restarted phone - going back to the settings the device administrator is no longer selected for Eset - so I can now clear the data :)

Clearing the ESET Mobile Security Data worked for me on both phones! Just had to reenter my license information after starting ESET Mobile Security but that was a piece of cake.  Thanks for the info DamagedDambus!

Thanks. ESET Mobile Security back to running normally on both my ICS tablet and Kit-Kat phone. I assume this issue was caused by something in a signature data update and I would like to repeat my feature request for the signature version and date to be visible (as it is in the PC software)