Lack of details and options in the new phising page detection alert in version 12.2.23.0

The upcoming Eset version 12.2.23.0 changed the alert page in browser while detecting phishing and malicious page. But this new window lacks details and options compared to the current one. No way to ignore, go back and report as false positive from the window. Having those options like the current one would be better (I use a dark theme extension that's why the theme is dark).

203367454_Screenshot_2019-07-12Alert-ESETInternetSecurity(1).thumb.png.4f63c8bb927064c191882364e77f29db.png1857661548_Screenshot_2019-07-12Alert-ESETInternetSecurity.thumb.png.db8ba002742cf1f9e265490cb864adc6.png

Edited by SeriousHoax

Someone in another forum posting using 12.2.23 posted a screen shot showing all the previous Eset  ver. options still exist:

image.png.b32dcc6a5132655c7646e85c7cd332d9.png

• Administrators

Yes, I still have it there too:

image.png

The page with the alert "Website blocked" was not a phishing page but most likely a malicious one which was added by ESET on the blacklist. For such websites we didn't offer the option to report them in older versions either.

1 hour ago, SeriousHoax said:

Weird. What could be the reason?

Post the web page URL so I can test it.

Also refer to this Eset knowledge base article: http://support.eset.com/kb117/ under the "Unwanted Software" section.  Display of user action options are dependent upon the type of threat discovered and will not be given for known malicious web site activity. Additionally, user "Cleaning Level" setting for Web Access realtime protection ThreatSense engine is a factor. If the "Strict" cleaning mode is employed, the Eset detection will be automatically handled without any user interaction.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

As I wrote, the blocked page was not a phishing page, hence it was blocked without the option to report it. The behavior was same with older versions.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:12 AM, Marcos said:

As I wrote, the blocked page was not a phishing page, hence it was blocked without the option to report it. The behavior was same with older versions.

I didn't notice your writing below the image before. You're right that was the reason. But the two sceenshots I posted above were taken from the same page but the older one had that option. Anyway, now you may close the topic.

Edited by SeriousHoax

Got a question.  Instead of typing in youtube I typed yotube instead. So I get Potentially unwanted content found. Before I would get a pop notification on my desktop saying site was blocked. But now with version 12.2.23.0 I don't get the pop up notification I just get the alert in the browser?  Do I need to turn something on to get the pop notification on desktop?

Below is a screenshot of what I get on attempted access to that web site. Note that this is a blacklist detection. Also this alert type does appear to be new and does give the user the option to ignore it. I believe the desktop popup alert you are referring to is when a web site is hosting known malicious content. In this instance, the connection would be unconditionally blocked.

So the answer to your question is no, there is nothing wrong with your Eset settings.

Eset_PUA.thumb.png.76650359b13f5d5827cdc7173b05b079.png

Edited by itman

Looks like Eset has changed the alert format across the board; most likely for display consistency purposes. When a threat is detected, a popup will also briefly appear. In this case showing the threat was removed by Web Access protection

Eset_Threat.thumb.png.808b5fe7202f918f6392f468a2b3737f.png

Edited by itman

• Administrators
5 hours ago, itman said:

Below is a screenshot of what I get on attempted access to that web site. Note that this is a blacklist detection. Also this alert type does appear to be new and does give the user the option to ignore it. I believe the desktop popup alert you are referring to is when a web site is hosting known malicious content. In this instance, the connection would be unconditionally blocked.

So the answer to your question is no, there is nothing wrong with your Eset settings.

Eset_PUA.thumb.png.76650359b13f5d5827cdc7173b05b079.png

It's a PUA website detection which has been there for years. Only the graphical design has changed in v12.2.