EES and cosmetic bug with some alerts

Lockbits

Hello guys,

We've seen that sometimes EES show a message (for example when DB is updated) or an alert (when PUA is detected) and EES mix the alert/message with the message that the productr should show when a pendrive or USB is inserted. We've seen this in our internal computers and also in a customer systems.

Please see this as an example:

image002.png.df5e64c5c0b761c1d0de15d7deac8df8.png

In the screenshot above you can see that EES is showing an alert regarding a PUA but it's also including a customized text that our customer added when a pendrive is inserted.

Is this a known cosmetic bug that will be fixed?

Thank you.

• Administrators

Could you please post a screen shot from English version of Endpoint? Honestly, I don't see any issue there since the additional text was added in an image editor. The best would be to see the original window in English.

32 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you please post a screen shot from English version of Endpoint? Honestly, I don't see any issue there since the additional text was added in an image editor. The best would be to see the original window in English.

Hi Marcos,

That text was inserted by ESET and not by image editor. That text was added using this policy:

1464399828_CapturadePantalla2019-07-10ala(s)14_27_09.thumb.png.fb86be496ebc94b0191b4cbddd27855e.png

I realized that it's the problem, not an ESET's bug.

Thanks.