Jump to content

OpenVPN can't connect on Windows 8


Recommended Posts

I am recently take a service of vpn and I don't have enough knowledge about. I have tried to configure an Openvpn server on Windows 8 in my computer but not connected. I have practices several methods but still not connect. Can any one help me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
54 minutes ago, willaimsongrand said:

I am recently take a service of vpn and I don't have enough knowledge about. I have tried to configure an Openvpn server on Windows 8 in my computer but not connected. I have practices several methods but still not connect. Can any one help me?

Can you clarify a little bit more about what you are trying to do ?

You've purchased a VPN subscription from some VPN provider and you are trying to connect to their VPN?

Most VPN Providers do provide their own software for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes! I bought paid subscription of a VPN but when I connect manually to the server, the Windows 8 show connection error. During that time I Google setup guide for openvpn, several results come out such as 

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-setup-and-use-openvpn

https://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_openvpn.aspx

https://www.purevpn.com/what-is-vpn/protocols/openvpn

but after reading all guide and implementations the process, I am still unsuccessful. Please give me the proper solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
35 minutes ago, willaimsongrand said:

Yes! I bought paid subscription of a VPN but when I connect manually to the server, the Windows 8 show connection error. During that time I Google setup guide for openvpn, several results come out such as 

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-setup-and-use-openvpn

https://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_openvpn.aspx

https://www.purevpn.com/what-is-vpn/protocols/openvpn

but after reading all guide and implementations the process, I am still unsuccessful. Please give me the proper solution.

Why you don't want to use their software to make it easier to connect to them?

If you insist on connecting to the VPN using OpenVPN in Windows without the provider's software , I guess the best bet is to read their own documentation about how to connect properly to your VPN Service.

Edited by Rami
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try this.

1. Open the Eset GUI and via Setup selection, navigate to the Network Protection section.

2. In the "Troubleshooting Wizard" section, determine if the "Recently blocked applications or devices" count is a non-zero value. If it is, open the wizard and search for blocked connection entries related to your VPN network access. Click on the "Allow" tab for those entries and the wizard will create the appropriate Eset firewall rule to allow the VPN network connection.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, itman said:

Try this.

1. Open the Eset GUI and via Setup selection, navigate to the Network Protection section.

2. In the "Troubleshooting Wizard" section, determine if the "Recently blocked applications or devices" count is a non-zero value. If it is, open the wizard and search for blocked connection entries related to your VPN network access. Click on the "Allow" tab for those entries and the wizard will create the appropriate Eset firewall rule to allow the VPN network connection.

Thanks itman! I followed these steps and finally I got the solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...