Built-in Policy Seemingly Not Functioning

Hello,

I want to stop a group of client workstations from accessing the internet but still wanted them to be accessible locally and by the ESET Security Management Centre. I thought that the built-in policy "Firewall - Block all traffic except ERA connection" under the category "ESET Endpoint for Windows" would be a helpful solution for the problem, however after assigning the policy and allowing time for the ESET agent to apply it, the workstations can still access the internet and the policy appears to not be blocking anything. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong on my end or if the policy itself is faulty? 

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Administrators

Looking at the policy, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work:

image.png

Could you please collect logs with ESET Log Collector from the client where it doesn't work?

• ESET Staff

You are right, the policy is "buggy", as it by default it includes also default rules (when you click on the " Show built in (predefined) rules" checkbox in the bottom they will be shown). I will ask our team to change it.

As a quick workaround, you should either edit the policy, and move the rules to the top (above the default ones). Or disable the predefined rules. I am sorry for the inconvenience.