Jump to content

ESET issue with Sandboxie - Persistent holding of registry keys


Recommended Posts

I know, and after a few minutes I had changed back to the test updates with cleaner module 1199, but the registry keys still remain locked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, itman said:

My cleaner module ver. is currently 1195 dated 6/10. I could have swore that it had been previously updated to 1198.

Check what ver. your cleaner module is. If its not 1198, you will have to switch to pre-release updates to get it.

My cleaner module version is also 1195 dated 6/10. I don't use Sandboxie and no issues to report - just confirming that this module has not been updated on my systems (one Win10, one Win7). But based on @Marcos comment, this seems to be intentional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 100 said:

I know, and after a few minutes I had changed back to the test updates with cleaner module 1199, but the registry keys still remain locked.

See this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20056-eset-issue-with-sandboxie-persistent-holding-of-registry-keys/?do=findComment&comment=99558 . Appears module 1199 falls into the PMFBNC catagory; pretty much fixed but not completely. 🤨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, itman said:

See this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20056-eset-issue-with-sandboxie-persistent-holding-of-registry-keys/?do=findComment&comment=99558 . Appears module 1199 falls into the PMFBNC catagory; pretty much fixed but not completely. 🤨

See this posting from me:

I didn't have any problems with 1199. The problem occurred with switching back to 1195 and unfortunately remains now after I am back to 1199 (without restarting the operating system). 1199 only protects against new locks but doesn't unlock existing ones.

Edited by 100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@itman I do confirm that the issue with ESET locking SandBoxie registry files do still occur with cleaner module 1199 but at the moment only when the "ESET Startup Scan" is active and I am closing a SandBox and this occurs sometimes but not rare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Urashima Taro said:

@itman I do confirm that the issue with ESET locking SandBoxie registry files do still occur with cleaner module 1199 but at the moment only when the "ESET Startup Scan" is active and I am closing a SandBox and this occurs sometimes but not rare.

Eset scans the start files after every successful update.

Edited by 100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Urashima Taro said:

Could this feature be disabled until a formal resolution arrives?

Yes:

https://help.eset.com/eis/12/en-US/idh_page_scheduler.html

https://help.eset.com/eav/12/en-US/idh_page_scheduler.html

Edited by 100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2019 at 8:37 PM, Marcos said:

Switching to pre-release updates should install the latest version of the Cleaner module 1199. It's been already distributed to a group of users with regular updates, with the rest to follow within the next few days.

Tested today: Regular updates are still at 1195.

Does anyone with regular updates have a version above 1195?

Edit (09/21/2019): The cleaner version is officially still 1195 with the regular updates. :(

 

Edited by 100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...