AllInOne Installer download internal server error

Hello

I've installed newest ESMC on windows server 2016 and I'm trying to create allinone installer for other clients that will be connecting to esmc.

My setup is unfortunately completely offline, so I had to setup offline updates and also offline repository. And now, I was able to create installer with offline repository but when I try to download Eset Endpoint Installer I get "Internal server error". So I've looked through logtrace and found the culprit:

2019-07-02 10:15:19 Information: CInstallersModule [Thread 22e8]: Repository: Downloading repository package 'hxxp://192.168.1.11:3128/com/eset/tools/installers/bootstrapper_era/v2/2.0.39.0/epi_ita.exe'
2019-07-02 10:15:19 Information: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 5b10]: 47 GetFileProgress request received.
2019-07-02 10:15:19 Information: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 5b10]: 47 GetFileProgress success.
2019-07-02 10:15:19 Error: CInstallersModule [Thread 22e8]: CInstallerPackageProcessor::BuilderThread end unexpected with error: GetFile: Object 'hxxp://192.168.1.11:3128/com/eset/tools/installers/bootstrapper_era/v2/2.0.39.0/epi_ita.exe' not found [error code: 20011]

I've created installer with language PL and EN and the error is the same, it looks for epi_ita.exe, and obviously, there is none, because I've downloaded only PL and EN installers for repository.

If I copy files from PL language and name them as ITA, then it works and I can download installer for clients.

Is it the ESMC server looking for file with wrong language ?

• ESET Staff
On 7/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, Slawek Zarod said:

If I copy files from PL language and name them as ITA, then it works and I can download installer for clients.

Is it the ESMC server looking for file with wrong language ?

As you wrote, there was an issue in ESMC 7.0, where random language was downloaded. This is no big deal in normal case as all of those files are actually identical, but it makes problems with language-filtered mirrors.

Unfortunately workaround is to copy file. As downloaded locale is random, it might stop work next time and new copy of file will be required.

Edited by MartinK

Thanks for Your answer. So I will be renaming this file for now, until a fix is introduced maybe with a new version of ESMC.

• ESET Staff
43 minutes ago, Slawek Zarod said:

Thanks for Your answer. So I will be renaming this file for now, until a fix is introduced maybe with a new version of ESMC.

Forgot to mention, but issues has been resolved for next releases.

I would like to ask another question, not related to the topic, but I don't want to start another thread on the forum.

In ESMC I have One Sever that has alerts about "Protocol Filtering". But, I'm unable to disable those alerts using Policy for File server because there is no option for it in Interface/Aplication Status. If I unlock Interface Status to be able to configure it from local computer, It still doesn't work (By that I mean that Eset on server doesn't show any alerts, everything is green, but, on ESMC it has 3 alerts about options beeing disabled)

Any ideas why there are less options for alerts statuses in policies for server than on policies for Endpoint Antivirus ?

Server.jpg

Workstation.jpg

• ESET Staff

Hi @Slawek Zarod some of the settings are not applicable for server products, as there is no such functionality in our server products. Some of them which are available on the client, and are not seen in the settings on the console are related to the asynchronous configuration engine module release procedure. We are aware of those issues, and will work on addressing them both in the form of another CE module release, and also in bigger process changes. 

• Administrators

Please always create a new topic for different questions. As for alerts about protocol filtering, they should not occur at all. Let's create a new topic and upload logs collected with ESET Log Collector there so that we can check what's wrong and suggest further steps.

Thanks for answers. I already know why there are alerts about protocol filtering, it's because they are disabled in policy, because I don't need them. Computers that are protected with Eset are in an offline network without access to internet, smtp and so on.

And now, those alerts cannot be removed on a station that has Eset for fileserver installed because, there is no such option in policy configuration, as shown on my previous post. But if You really want, I can create new topic and upload logs. 

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

I see this setting in an EFSW policy:

image.png

Why does Your screen look different than mine ? Is it like older version or something or different system ?

These options are available for Eset Endpoint Antivirus for Windows but not for Eset File Security for Windows. All of my antiviruses and esmc are >= v7. Policy for EFSW is for V6+.

• Administrators

I have pre-release updates selected in the ESMC server setup:

image.png

Most likely the latest version of the Configuration support module has brought support for the application status you want to prevent from being reported. Please compare the version of the Configuration support module with yours, mine is 1740.3:

image.png

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Most likely the latest version of the Configuration support module has brought support for the application status you want to prevent from being reported. Please compare the version of the Configuration support module with yours, mine is 1740.3:

Maybe just for testing I will download updates and repository for pre relase and see how it goes....

ESMC_ABOUT.jpg

• Administrators

Just to avoid confusion, repository and update servers are two different things. Setting the update servers to pre-release will not affect repository which has a separate setting. ESMC downloads only the above mentioned modules from update servers.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Just to avoid confusion, repository and update servers are two different things. Setting the update servers to pre-release will not affect repository which has a separate setting. ESMC downloads only the above mentioned modules from update servers.

Sure thing, I'm aware of it. Will download pre release for repository using mirror tool and update esmc and report back if anything has changed after an update. 

• Administrators

Changing repository will not affect this since it's a module (Configuration support module) which is the basement for policies. And modules are downloaded from update servers, not from a repository.

Ok so I am a little bit confused but getting to understand it. 

Updates are for modules and repository is for installers ? is that right ?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Slawek Zarod said:

Updates are for modules and repository is for installers ? is that right ?

That's correct.

I so I will change update modules to pre release and get back to You after I'm done with updates.

That can take some time because of other stuff I have to do now. Thanks for Your help.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately, after switching to pre release, configuration module is still the same :(. Guess I have to wait untill this is changed in a future release.

ESMC_ABOUT2.jpg

Other modules got updated as seen on picture I've uploaded.

Tried again today but still the same. I'm gonna leave it like that for now. Maybe it will get changed/fixed in the next release.

• ESET Staff

Can you please let us know, how are you updating the modules? Are they updated: 

• Directly from ESET servers 
  • From ESET servers, via HTTP Proxy
  • From offline mirror? 

Thank you. However it looks to us, that the translator module is the latest, however for whatever reason the configuration engine module failed to update. That would require customer care ticket. 

I'm updating from offline mirror that is created by mirror tool.

My conf file for mirror tool skips ep5, ep6 and era6. Is it ok ?

I only download ep7 because all eset versions are v7

• Administrators

That is the problem. The Configuration Engine is different for ERA/ESMC so you will need to mirror also the "era6" folder and point ESMC to update from it.

However, in order to save Internet traffic I would recommend using HTTP Proxy instead of a mirror created by the Mirror tool which downloads a lot of update files with each update that will never be needed / used by clients. By contrast,  HTTP Proxy caches only update files that were actually requested by clients.

Ok, will report back later.

Do I also have to point agents to the era6 folder ?

Edit: @Marcos

Ok, after downloading pre release of era6, configuration module got updated to 1740.3 and I was able to disable alerts about protocol filtering :D.

As for the http proxy, that is not possible because none of the computers have access to internet because they are on the closed network. The only way to update them is through mirror tool that creates update folder that (at least for now) I'm copying to the closed environment and then, updates are already accessible through apache http proxy that I configured.

Edited by Slawek Zarod