Removing encrypted folders/drives

Good day, we've tried searching for an answer in the Help manual and on Google - but to no avail. How do we delete or unmount an encrypted folder that acts like a disk drive?

• Most Valued Members
30 minutes ago, Forthewinwin said:

so no response here nor with the support team? Alright then time to move onto another product.

Contacting the Support Team is different than posting in the Forum in terms of assistance

And if you are not a business customer , I doubt that you will have instant answers , as even if you move products you will need to wait about 24 hours for the support to contact you back , that is the different thing on the forum , you might get assistance from others

I want to help but I can't understand what trouble really are you having.

1 hour ago, Rami said:

Contacting the Support Team is different than posting in the Forum in terms of assistance

And if you are not a business customer , I doubt that you will have instant answers , as even if you move products you will need to wait about 24 hours for the support to contact you back , that is the different thing on the forum , you might get assistance from others

I want to help but I can't understand what trouble really are you having.

All we wanted to know was how to delete a newly created encrypted drive/folder. We have been unable to find the answer via Google, or the user manuals/help section.

• Most Valued Members
41 minutes ago, Forthewinwin said:

All we wanted to know was how to delete a newly created encrypted drive/folder. We have been unable to find the answer via Google, or the user manuals/help section.

If it's a folder you should be able to remove it regulary as you remove any file on Windows

And a drive you can remove the partition and then create another partition.

If not then I still don't get what you mean.

Edited by Rami

21 hours ago, Forthewinwin said:

How do we delete or unmount an encrypted folder that acts like a disk drive?

One reason you haven't received any responses is it appears this issue is not related to Eset . If it is, you need to be as descriptive as possible in your posting as to what the problem is in regards to Eset.

• Administrators

In Please read this before you post we state in point 10:

Report issues also to your local customer care
Please keep in mind that this forum is chiefly meant to share knowledge between users and ESET moderators and staff. Reporting an issue here does not substitute contacting customer care. It is not a goal of forums to provide tools or other means to ensure that your report will be tracked and always responded within a reasonable time. Especially when dealing with more complex issues requiring several iterations or when logs need to be analyzed by developers, contacting customer care is inevitable.

Not all advanced users or moderators know answers to all questions and this one seems to be such. Asking your local customer care seems to be the best course of action.

I think you mean Virtual disks, if yes, you can delete it using Virtual disk manager in the context menu, please see description under https://help.eset.com/eee_client/5/en-US/using_encrypted_virtual_disks.html

Edited by Farah
not sure if it was accurate