ESS vs WinXP SP3. Cannot upgrade

Hey guys, am still using WinXP SP3 😁. Now i am facing problems with upgrading to latest versions of ESS (current version is 10.1.204.5).

Actually i would prefer to stay on it getting new virus signature updates daily as usually, but now am receieving a message that protection will stop soon:-(

Any advices how to stay on Eset antivirus products not migrating to later Windows versions?

Thanks in advance guys

• Administrators

The latest version with official support for Windows XP is v9. Please uninstall v10 and install v9 which is downloadable from https://support.eset.com/kb2885/.

We strongly recommend to consider upgrading to a modern, secure and fully supported operating system, especially if the machine is connected to the Internet or network.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Yereke said:

Are all of Eset products stopped supporting WinXP?

Yes. The latest versions of Endpoint v7 and v7.1 don't support Windows XP either.

You can downgrade to v9 which supports Windows XP and it will continue to receive updates for the next few years.

Thanks, but i am still wondering about ESS 10th version that am using now, i installed it normally and still using it on XP, can i stay on it without migrating to latest version and keep receiving updates?

• Administrators

Windows XP don't support SHA2 certificates so v10 will not be able to install newer updates when we will start signing them only with a SHA2 certificate. V9 won't be affected since it doesn't use dll modules but nup files.

Hey Marcos, thank you for your soonest and detailed responds.  I made a short research regarding an SHA2 certificates before, fortunately, as been facing some issues with it but related to other software. So, shortly saying, microsoft happily (though it was very strange from them and unexpected LoL) predicted such issues and they created KB 968730 update for SP3 especially, so deploying it, actually lets WinXP to enroll and receive SHA2 certificates.

We can check it later, when you start signing updates with SHA2 only, but, can you please check this issue as well....

Btw, in Exchange Server based on Win Server 2003 R2 SP2 we had the same issue , but solved it using KB968730 update.

And then again, thank you for such a quick and detailed answers.

Edited by Yereke