Machine Learning Module

Just wondering if the newly added machine learning module has been integrated to the scanner and realtime file monitoring or it is just effective for some of the protection layer?

I believe what we are talking about here is the difference between machine learning and deep learning as noted in this article: https://www.zendesk.com/blog/machine-learning-and-deep-learning/ .

Basic machine learning models do become progressively better at whatever their function is, but they still some guidance. If an ML algorithm returns an inaccurate prediction, then an engineer needs to step in and make adjustments. But with a deep learning model, the algorithms can determine on their own if a prediction is accurate or not.

Eset has employed machine learning for years. I assume with the inclusion of the "advanced machine learning" module, they are introducing established and proven AI algorithms into the Augur engine.

10 minutes ago, itman said:

I assume with the inclusion of the "advanced machine learning" module, they are introducing established and proven AI algorithms into the Augur engine.

yeah I was referring to this new module in the module list (though I believe it is in v12 for quite some time, just was not shown in the module list). 

So generally I am curious about this newly added detection module. Will it be also detecting things during ordinary scanning and monitoring? Is it static engine? Will there be new detection names? etc.