ESET v7 Slow to open Chrome web pages

On October 23, 2018 Marcos posted "Ok, that's a known issue caused by locking the list of SSL/TLS filtered applications by a policy. We've been tracking it as a bug. It should be addressed soon, most likely by an automatic module update."

We put a policy in place the turn off Protocol Filtering for applicaiton "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" and it seems to have improved, but it is still painfully slow on far too many web pages.  Consequently I must be missing something.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.1.2045.5    As of today the latest Up-to-date version
ESET Management Agent 7.0.577.0    As of today the latest Up-to-date version

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling real-time protection make a difference? If not, what about disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine?

You can also try temporarily disabling advanced scanning of browser scripts in the Web access protection setup.

I've disabled all Web Filtering and it seems to make a difference, but currently HIPS and Real-Time are enabled - shall we see over a few hours or would you like one or both also disabled now?

• Administrators

It appears that you have created a duplicate user profile in the forum which is against this forum's rules. Please drop me a private message if we should we cancel the second one and adjust some information in your former profile.

As to your question, it doesn't matter. If disabling both doesn't make any difference, then neither disabling them one by one wouldn't.

I have completely diabled Web Protection without disabling HIPS or Real-Time (did so befor your reply) and we're evaluating - should I disable Real-Time too and/or HIPS or should I give this a try?

Would love an update as time permits.

• Administrators

It is necessary to narrow it down to a particular setting or driver so please try disabling various protection modules as suggested.

What about temporarily disabling scanning of advanced browser scripts in the web access protection setup?