NOD32 reporting latest program update required.

conmore

Hi there

I have an old PC running Windows XP SP3 in my study I use occasionally. Works great, no issues. It has the latest paid subscription of NOD 32 and today after booting it and NOD32 updating the virus signatures it has a red exclamation mark. When I navigate to the Home screen it’s telling me I need to update the program so I downloaded the Live Installer package and ran it and it states the latest version is installed?

Its not a major problem but is there a solution please. 

Cheers

• Administrators

What version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus do you have installed? The latest one with support for Windows XP is version 9. We strongly recommend upgrading to a modern, fully supported and much more secure OS since installing any security software on an old and unsupported OS can't make it secure enough.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I agree but it’s a PC with some older games and software I use occasionally and to upgrade it would mean an extensive hardware upgrade. I already have another running Windows 10. 

The NOD32 version is: 10.2.240.0

Cheers

• Administrators

Please downgrade to v9. Windows XP doesn't support SHA256 certificates which is a system pre-requisite to download update modules in a near future.

Hi there

Can you please advise me on how to do that. Uninstall and reinstall or can I just install over the top of the existing version? Thanks again  

Cheers

• Administrators

A weird thing is that version 10.2.240.0 was never released. Please provide a screen shot of the main gui -> Help and support. Alternatively you can copy / paste information from the "Details for customer care" window.

In order to downgrade to v9, download a v9 installer from https://support.eset.com/kb2885/, uninstall v10, reboot the machine and then install v9.

Hi

Apologies the version is 10.1.240.0 I typed it in without checking. 

Cheers

Edited by conmore
Mistake

Hi

I would like to mention that I uninstalled version 10 and installed version 9 as suggested, activated and updated and no issues, so thank you for your assistance.