Random BSOD after installing Nod32 netio.sys ntkrnlmp.exe

skyviewe

Nod32 Antivirus version: 12.1.34.0

Windows Version: Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 1903, build 18362.175

Full memory dump (1.7gb 7zip compressed, 6gb uncompressed):

I installed new SSD hard drive, fresh install of Windows 10. Only software I installed was Chrome. Computer worked fine for 2 weeks then purchased Nod32 and installed it. The next day I got a BSOD so I ran WhoCrashed:

This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO+0xEF80) 
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x49, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80501F34EDA)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

For some reason Windows 10 deleted the memory dump file the next day even though "delete memory dump if low space" wasn't enabled.

A day later (approx 48 hours since the first crash) I got another BSOD:

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x4F21) 
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8021BA80EDA, 0xFFFFB6051CFD5018, 0xFFFFB6051CFD4860)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This time I backed up the memory dump file and uploaded it (link at at the top of this post).

I ran MemTest Pro in Windows, no memory errors, no blue screen. Seems to just randomly bluescreen, i.e. just sitting on the screensaver with nothing open, surfing the web, youtube, etc.

Before I axe and re-load the computer and test it good without Nod32, can you confirm based on the memory dump if it's Nod32 causing the BSOD's or not?

Thanks.

-Jamie M.

Edited by Marcos
Link to a dump removed

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The dump was passed to developers for further analysis. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much!

-Jamie M.

Here's a ref. to netio.sys bluescreen issues: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-netio-sys-bsod-error . Normally caused by network adapter driver issues. Eset sometime ago stopped using a network adapter mini-port filter to monitor web traffic.

Verify that Windows Defender in 1903 has been disabled and NOD32 shows as the only realtime AV solution active.

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's not clear what driver caused the crash.

We'd need another dump with verifier enabled. Please carry on as follows:
1, Run cmd as an administrator and the following command:
verifier /standard /all

3, Reboot the machine.

4, Reproduce BSOD.

5, Disable verifier by running the following command as an administrator:
verifier /reset

6, Reboot the machine.

7, Compress the new dump and provide it to me for analysis.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately it's not clear what driver caused the crash.

We'd need another dump with verifier enabled. Please carry on as follows:
1, Run cmd as an administrator and the following command:
verifier /standard /all

3, Reboot the machine.

4, Reproduce BSOD.

5, Disable verifier by running the following command as an administrator:
verifier /reset

6, Reboot the machine.

7, Compress the new dump and provide it to me for analysis.

Done! Bluescreened about 1 hour after I turned on verifier, boy that makes the computer run slow, lol.

Here's the new file: https://mega.nz/#!TbYAjSLb!jx8m9Pi_hevyHWVvn2tBULz_Z6_o_UHHjHFnkiZ04DM

Thanks again.

-Jamie M.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The last dump is pretty much the same as the previous one. Even the timestamp is same. Please make sure that you've uploaded a correct dump.

image.png

On 7/16/2019 at 8:46 AM, Marcos said:

The last dump is pretty much the same as the previous one. Even the timestamp is same. Please make sure that you've uploaded a correct dump.

image.png

Turned on verifier, got another blue screen quick. Filename is MEMORY-2019-07-20.7z so you know you have the right one: https://mega.nz/#!mH5WVaxR!JNF1btkfXlGQ6li7CRpeTXURkFbFm5VyF7ql6sbQnMM

Thanks again.

-Jamie M.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The crash was caused by a problem in the CHDRT64.sys driver (Conexant HDAudio Driver). Try to update it to the latest version.

I'm also having random BSOD's, sometimes 3 to 4 times a day. Strangely never while I'm busy playing games or working on the PC, it always happens when I leave the PC on. I had major OS files corruption and formatted 3 times in two weeks, eventually I formatted, upgraded to the latest windows build, and only installed the minimum amount of software. So far I've installed almost all of my usual software incl Steam, Origin and Battle.Net and haven't had a BSOD yet (been 3 weeks now). I'm currently using Avast Free. I'm very hesitant to install ESET again since I suspect ESET is causing it.

With my last BSOD I had to uninstall ESET from save mode as it caused Windows to go into a repair loop and would not start normally.

My crash dumps would also get deleted even though I set it to not delete.

• Administrators

Please provide a dump from such crash. Most likely it was caused by something else than ESET. Also in the case above we confirmed it was caused by a Conexant HDAudio Driver.

By the way, you wrote that you were having BSOD several times a day when you have a different AV installed and that you were afraid of installing ESET because it could cause BSOD. I'm confused by this statement.