Nod32 blocks IMAP protocol on Thunderbird

DMJ3000

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with Nod32 and the email client Mozilla Thunderbird which can't connect anymore to IMAP/IMAPS servers.
I tried to disable the IMAP and IMAPS protocol scanner in Nod32 configuration and Thunderbird connects again to IMAP/IMAPS servers and it downloads emails without any problem. If I reactivate the IMAP/IMAPS scanner, the connection to IMAP/IMAPS servers is blocked again.

Until yesterday all worked fine. The operating system is Windows 10 64 bit.

What could be happened? And what can I do to solve?
Thanks.

• Administrators

Are you able to reproduce it with a Gmail account? What IMAP server do you download your emails from?

Yes, I have one Gmail account and other four different accounts (Aruba and Fastweb). Same issue with all accounts.
I also have two other computers on the same net with Thunderbird, the same accounts and Nod32 and all works perfectly.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for customer care
- run the command-line console and type ([Enter] means to press Enter):

set NSPR_LOG_MODULES=SMTP:4,IMAP:4 [Enter]
set NSPR_LOG_FILE=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Desktop\tbird_log.txt [Enter]
start thunderbird [Enter]

- reproduce the issue
- close Thunderbird
- stop advanced logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector
- provide me with the archive generated by ELC and "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Desktop\tbird_log.txt"

I would also recommend opening a ticket for your local customer care and providing them with the logs so that the case it tracked properly and timely response is ensured.

I use Thunderbird. I just checked my e-mail and had no problem connecting to AOL servers using IMAPS using EIS 12.1.34. I also run Win 10 x(64) 1809.

Did you just recently upgrade to Win 10 x(64) 1903 on the device with T-Bird e-mail issues? Are the PCs w/o issues also running Win 10 x(64) 1903?

34 minutes ago, itman said:

[...] Are the PCs w/o issues also running Win 10 x(64) 1903?

All the PCs are running Win 10 x64 1809.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for customer care

[...]

Just after enabling advanced logging, NOD32 has notified an update. I have done it and restarted the system and now all the IMAPs servers work fine again. 😦

It's strange because the first thing I did, after experiencing the issue, was to check updates, but the software appeared to be up-to-date.

Thank you very much. I hope the problem will not occur again.