NOD 32 not longer shows in Taskbar

• ESET Insiders

I boot my computer today to find NOD 32 is not showing in the taskbar anymore. It is running in Windows task manager, but absent from the toolbar. What should I do to get it back? If I click on customize in toolbar NOD 32 is not there. Also, is there a hotkey for the GUI?

post-1030-0-27450500-1393711074_thumb.jpg

post-1030-0-28387200-1393711091_thumb.jpg

Edited by cutting_edgetech

Hi edgetech !

What happens when you click "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe" manually ? Or from the Startmenu Programs shortcut ?

Is it gone everytime you login or after restart?

:)

Edited by Arakasi

• ESET Insiders

If I clicked on it from the start menu it would show the GUI, but that never did bring Eset back to the taskbar. I tried rebooting 3 times, and it never did appear. I checked to see if everything was ticked under msconfig, and it was. I just installed some Windows updates since I had not used this laptop in about 3 weeks. After rebooting to complete the installion of the updates NOD 32 magically appeared in the taskbar again. Its there for now. I will keep my fingers crossed. I have not clue why it just desappeared like that. NOD 32 is the only real-time security software I have installed on this Laptop at the moment. I just reformatted it 3 weeks ago so I guess you could say I have a fresh installation of windows since I have not used it since until today.

Arakasi, is this a case where the Hidden Remover Tool would be of help? Just asking... :huh:

That tool is used in a specific scenario that all your files are missing. Old malware & viruses used to perform this operation years ago, and it would target all files in the user profile, not just a specific application.

I do know what your talking about though :)

I think this might have been a customize issue or possibly related to updates like Tech stated.

If you click the arrow in the taskbar and choose customize you can actually hide these icons. So it may have been a flaw or bug in windows, that corrected itself.

• Administrators

Some time ago I had this issue with other applications, too so it's likely to be a Windows issue. Does the problem go away after restarting the computer?

• ESET Insiders

It did not initially. I reboot 3 times, but Eset still was missing from the taskbar. Then I installed some Windows updates, and after rebooting Eset magically appeared in the taskbar again.