Dynamic Group Template - Batch Create?

I want to group all computers in our network by their name. They all are named according to a set scheme. I currently manually create a Dynamic Group Template for every group, the templates only differ by their prefix (Device identifiers . Identifier value). Is there a way of importing a list of prefixes to create a list of Dynamic Group Templates so I don't have to create every single one of them manually?

In the attached file you can see the example setting I have.

template_prefix.PNG

• ESET Staff

Hello,

No, this is currently not possible. It´s also first time, that we are getting such request. How many of those you have? 

On 6/14/2019 at 4:01 PM, MichalJ said:

Hello,

How many of those you have? 

Could this possibly be made by directly connecting to the SQL databse and adding the records there?

• ESET Staff
6 hours ago, Arekn said:

Could this possibly be made by directly connecting to the SQL databse and adding the records there?

Unfortunately manual changes to database are not documented nor they are safe.

In this case only possibility is to use ServerApi, but it definitely requires some sort of programming skills.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:39 PM, MartinK said:

Unfortunately manual changes to database are not documented nor they are safe.

In this case only possibility is to use ServerApi, but it definitely requires some sort of programming skills.

I don't mind programming. Is there ServerApi documentation available? Is ServerApi readily available to all ESET clients or is it some special contract?

• ESET Staff
7 hours ago, Arekn said:

I don't mind programming. Is there ServerApi documentation available? Is ServerApi readily available to all ESET clients or is it some special contract?

It is available in ESMC help: https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/era_serverapi.html