ESET Internet Security Banking and Payment Protection

This appears to be completely missing from my installation of the latest version (12.1.34.0.) There's no desktop icon nor is it shown in the start menu ESET folder (see jpg)

1.jpg.510eda632c0922d90953bc3b7dc0d7bc.jpg

Nor can I find a setting in the Advanced Setup menus. Tried changing my default browsers from FFox (67.0.1, thought that might have been the problem) to Google Chrome (latest) to Epic (latest) then MS Edge and IE. I even reinstalled Windows 10 Pro x64 1809 (for other reasons, too) and tried ESET without anything else in the OS. No luck. It worked fine before either I updated FFox or ESET, or both. Anyone else having this problem? Or has banking protection been changed in this version, somehow, and I've missed seeing it..

Thanks

First, did you reboot after installing Eset? Sometimes Eset Bank and Payment Protection is not functional until this is done. Otherwise, do the following.

Suggest you uninstall the current version of Eset using Eset's Uninstaller utility in Windows Safe mode. Note: if you have made any Eset customized settings, make sure you export those prior to uninstalling. You can then import those into Eset after it have been reinstalled.

Then download your Eset version from here: https://support.eset.com/kb2885/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US . You should be redirected to the appropriate Eset New Zealand download web site. Run the installer and see if that resolves the issue.

Edited by itman

itman - thanks for your comment. Yes, I did use Eset's Uninstaller utility in Safe mode then downloaded and reinstalled Internet Security v.11.0.159. But that didn't work. I should add there were no problems with v.12.1.32.0. Perhaps a recent WN10 update issue? However, a trial version if 34.0 is doing the exactly the same thing on another WN10 (Enterprise) computer. Odd?

timse201 - Thanks. Yes, that's true, the A/V-alone version doesn't have Banking etc. , but I'm using Internet Security, specifically for that (and firewall interactive mode).

No option, I guess, but to keep fiddling.

To begin with, you should have downloaded EIS ver. 12.1.34 which is the most current version.

Open a command prompt window. Copy the following into it and press enter:

"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecmd.exe" /startprotectedbrowser

Did Eset Banking and Payment protection start your Windows specified default browser?

Eset_BPP.thumb.png.513dc3fc8017c7d3b0fc0f7e6c5809f3.png

Edited by itman