application control

Aim2018

Hi,

If I block a category ( p2p) , later on a new p2p application released , Endpoint will block the application ? .

Or do we need to explicitly  mention  the app 

Thanks

• Administrators

We currently have Application Control only as a part of Parental Control for Android. Please post some screen shots for clarification.

Hi,

What I am asking , If I want to block telnet  and p2p applications 

How can I do that ? 

Thanks

• Administrators

This is not possible. With firewall rules you can block addresses and ports in general or for specific applications. It's not that you could use a general name for applications like "p2p applications" and the firewall would block the communication for them or that HIPS would block their execution.

• Administrators

That's what I wrote - you can create rules for a specific application that you can browse on your machine but not generally for any application of that type.

As far as blocking telnet, see this thread: https://forum.eset.com/topic/19638-unsual-open-network-services-notification/?tab=comments#comment-95738

To begin with, most routers with IDS capabiity will block telnet inbound traffic by default.

As far as Eset firewall goes, you have two choices:

1. Block all inbound/oubound port 23 communication. This will stop most but not all telnet traffic.

2. Create 15 Eset firewall rules; one for each of the 15 protocol numbers, 240 - 255,  associated with telnet , blocking all inbound/oubound traffic from same.