spiceworks

spyros

Hello i have set up spiceworks on a server and everytime i am trying to inventory scan my network spice block the communication . I found a solution from client side .When i disabled the personal firewall inventory worked . I create a rule on the client and this worked but when i create this rule on the server to publish it to all clients (clients got the update) didnt work out . Do you have any suggestion ? I created the rule to allow all traffic from and to the server . 

Kind regards,

Spyros Ntouroukis

spiceworks.PNG

• Administrators

On a machine with the communication blocked, you can run the Firewall troubleshooting wizard to get a list of recently blocked connections which will allow for creating the appropriate rule with one click. You can then apply the rule to all machines via a policy.

i did that i already whitelist it from the client but i would like to publish a rule from the server . when i create the same rule on the server and the client receive it  still the communication is blocked.

• Administrators

Please post a screen shot of the rule that you've created. Maybe you specified both the local and remote port but the remote port changes and thus shouldn't be specified.

this is the rule i have create on server . also i permit IDSspiceworks2.thumb.PNG.717711affea2ddc0780e2a452e04cb79.PNG

this is the rule the wizard create on client.

1049836263_spiceworksclientrule.PNG.7590ac1353e95fc0aa2e393b3c646c10.PNG

. check also my logs 

684709671_logs-permit.thumb.PNG.b693040746879bb8c28bed0b3e627d08.PNG

• Administrators

On a computer where the communication is blocked:
- enable advanced network protection logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reproduce the problem (ie. make sure the communication is blocked)
- disable advanced logging
- gather logs with ESET Log Collector and provide me with the generated archive.

• Administrators

Just for clarification, is Spiceworks installed on 192.168.1.9? The workstation has the IP address 192.168.101.64 and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 so they are not in the same subnet.

Only SYN packets like these with the IP address of the machine were blocked by the firewall which should not cause any issues. Moreover, TCP port 7680 is used by WUDO (Windows Update Delivery Optimization) to distribute updates in Windows LANs.

image.png

As to your question, you can request client's configuration in client details and then convert it to a policy.

image.png

Goodmorning marco ,

192.168.1.9 this is my spiceworks server , subnet 101 is know at my network. I created the rule at a computer then i went to eset and convert that rule to policy .  looks like its working . i will give you feedback maybe tomorrow when eset server-clients will be synchronized and also i will perform scan on the network.

(https://support.eset.com/kb6517/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US)

Regards,

Spyros Ntouroukis

i will do it when i will "deploy" and the rule is working 100% 

Edited by spyros