Import Offline License in NOD32 for Linux

Hi, 

I am currently evaluating the NOD32 on an HP Thin Client (HP Thin Pro OS). 
I got the agent to work and installed the Endpoint Security (both manual). Only the license is not automatically installed by the Security Management Center (task terminates after one hour with no meaningful error). Therefore I created an offline license via the License Administrator  and get a esetnod32-0.lf file.

My question: 
How do I import it into the system now, where does this file go?

Thanks in Advance!

• Administrators

The current version of Endpoint for Linux does not support activation yet. If you want to update it from a mirror, you just enter the path to it in the update setup and that's it. In case the machine has visibility to the ESMC server, you can manage it and change settings via a policy.

Okay... that means, that I am not able to install a offline license and give the client task "product activation" a second try.

Where can I find the logs on the server to find out exactly where the problem for this task is?

I raised the log level in the advanced settings at the ESMC to "trace" but i didn´t find the appropriate log file.

Edited by Hanspeter Zach

• Administrators

The product will work without activation because it doesn't support it. A brand new version of Endpoint for Linux with the activation system will be available probably next year.

If you plan to update the computer from a mirror, just set the path to the mirror through a policy. If the client will access it through a network share, also the username and password for authentication to the mirror folder will be needed which is not needed if the mirror is accessible via http.

If the machine has Internet connection and you plan to update it from ESET's update servers, just send a software install task to the client and the agent will add a username/password for authentication against ESET's update servers in the configuration.

• ESET Staff

Hello,

V4-V5 producs are managed by so-called Legacy Connector (component of Agent). This component does on-behalf-of licensing for these products - if activation succeeds products are configured with license and/or update username/password whichever is applicable for such product. I'm actually unsure if it's still possible to manually set update username/password without those being overwritten by Agent. (This really is on per-product basis and what their product team decide - to expose update parameters in product policy or not)

Please upload Agent log (error line should contain "EcpCommunicator") in trace severity (or create support ticket). It's possible something blocks communication with eset licensing servers (edf.eset.com:443) or there is other issue.

Offline license file is not supported for on-behalf-of activation as format changed between V5 and V6 line.

HTH

Edited by Mirek S.
Clarification

hi, thanks for your answers.

okay, the Communication could really be the problem. 

The client runs in a closed environment that has no connection and will have no connection to the Internet. All communication must go through the ESMC which is for sure connected to the internet.

Does the client really need to connect to edf.eset.com?

I searched for an agent log on both systems (Linux client and ESMC), but found nothing suitable. There is a trace.log on both systems but there is nothing about an "EcpCommunicator" inside.

thanks!

• Administrators

Since the current (legacy) version of Endpoint for Linux does not support the activation system, it does not connect to edf.eset.com whatsover.

If you use a proxy server for connecting to the Internet, configure it in the Endpoint's advanced setup (e.g. via a policy) and send a software activation task from ESMC. This will ensure that the legacy connector in agent will add your username and password in the Endpoint's setup and Endpoint will then be able to communicate through the proxy and authenticate against ESET's update servers with the username and password.

If you plan to update from a mirror, simply set the path to the mirror in a policy. If updating via http, no username/password for authentication will be needed. Otherwise if you update from a remote share, you will need to specify also a username and password for authentication against the machine that creates the mirror.