Constant blocked address alerts

I am running Firefox on a Windows 7 PC.

I am getting constant address has been blocked alerts from URL hxxs://rudy.adsnative.com.

I have disabled the only add-ons I could find but this didn't help.

How can I find and stop this, please ???

For starters, are you using the latest version of FireFox? If not, upgrade to the latest version and see if that stops this Eset detection alert.

• Administrators

Don't open websites that load ads from the said address. If the address is blocked even without opening any website, try disabling browser extensions, one by one.

Use the uBlock Origin add-on in Firefox and almost all ads and other undesirable stuff will be silently blocked. Hence, a drastic reduction in Eset alerts about the same in FireFox. Also if Eset alerts keep appearing when using uBlock Origin, it would be a strong indication that Firefox is compromised in some way.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, tangoeset said:

I just had this same popup whilst browsing the Microsoft News app, in windows 10. (1809)

More details needed. Are you using the Win Store app? Or, did you download from Google store and it installed as an extension in Chrome for example.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same alerts using Microsoft Edge, with no extensions.  It happens mostly when browsing the forums at jeepforum.com, but also other websites sometimes.  Very annoying.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Mike16235 said:

I get the same alerts using Microsoft Edge, with no extensions.  It happens mostly when browsing the forums at jeepforum.com, but also other websites sometimes.  Very annoying.

You can either notify the forum provider about that and ask them to remove the ads or use a different ad provider or take the risk and add the blocked domain or url to the list of allowed addresses in the Web access protection setup (not recommended).

Just found "How to Block a Website on your Computer" on wikiHow.  Put rudy.adsnative.com in the block list of the hosts file of Windows 10.  Seems to have done the trick.