ESMC Agent not Installing

Dear All,

A customer is trying to manually deploy ESMC Agent on a Windows 8 operating system but faced with the error below 

image.png.054303c6b0f08b26741c7340a1f0acde.png

For your perusal please find the attached document for the ESET Log Collector 

ELC_logs.zip

did your customer execute the installer using an administrator account ? If the computer is part of a domain, you will likely need domain administrator privilege to run the installer.

• ESET Staff

Checked logs but it is not clear why AGENT is not able to start. Installation seems to be proceeding as expected, service is registered, but apparently application itself cannot start.

Only reason that came into my mind is broken installation of "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015": could you verify it is installed on the system? If not, please try to do so and re-try installation.

2 hours ago, ILoveESET said:

did your customer execute the installer using an administrator account ? If the computer is part of a domain, you will likely need domain administrator privilege to run the installer.

yes it was executed using admin account and it also part of a domain, we also did run the installer using the domain administrator privileged account 

• Most Valued Members

I've also been fighting with the Agent installation in a Domain environment.  I ended up running esetuninstaller on the problematic systems to remove whatever eset product is on the system and then tried installing it again.

• ESET Staff

Hello,

Please create support ticket for this. Currently this is not well handled issue as installation after pressing cancel actually removes relevant log files (startup of Agent which fails due to which logs which should identify cause of failure are erased - too many witches)

When message box is open - i.e. don't cancel it until logs are collected (failed to start) please run eset log collector and provide those to support, it should help us to determine cause of this issue in future.

HTH

Edited by Mirek S.