Google Play kills ESET Anti-Theft for mobile

Since very recently, the eset anti-theft online portal says all my android devices need to be optimised since mobile data it turned off.

Thing is, mobile data is on and ative and working.

Well, a check of the mobile app under anti-theft, SMS text commands shows it is disabled. I go to enable it and get a screenshot (see attached) which states :

New Google Play Permission Restrictions.

Due to an update in the Google Developer Policies, the following features have been removed from ESTS Mobile Security:

- SMS text commands

- Trusted Friends

I guess that means anti-theft and the ability to find my portable device is now dead?

Screenshot_20190519-174943.png

• Administrators

You can find your device through the Anti-Theft portal that you can reach through my.eset.com.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, vanguard said:

Not since an update in the Google Developer Policies...

Anti-Theft in any version of EMS can be controlled via the Anti-Theft portal https://anti-theft.eset.com/ provided it's enabled in the AT setup on a phone.

Marcos. Independent of what ESET facilitates in its service, anti-theft will no longer work because Google have removed features in the phone. Please acknowledge - Google have stated THEY have removed it - the ESET anti-theft portal isn't going to put it back.

Edited by vanguard

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, vanguard said:

Marcos. Independent of what ESET facilitates in its service, anti-they will no longer work because Google have removed features in the phone. Please acknowledge - Google have stated THEY have removed it - the ESET anti-theft portal isn't going to put it back.

Do you see support of the Anti-Theft portal listed here? It's not there.

image.png

I use a Google Play version of EMS, have Anti-Theft enabled and I'm able to control it via the AT portal.

Australian support have advised me they have an APK file available from the link below with full functionality.

Please uninstall the software and restart device.

Download directly on device from the link (and guide) https://support.eset.com/kb6563/

Activate with your license key