EIS Scheduled Scan Logs Missing

I've run into a situation in the past week where EIS scheduled scans are NOT being logged when I try to view them in the Log menu. They are showing as completed in the scan window and in the scheduler window, but not in the log file. Manual Smart Scans are showing, but not scheduled scan. I have several examples to document this. It's a Win7 x64 machine with all updates current.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

Good luck on this one. As far as I am aware of, there is no Eset setting that controls scan logging.

Is the scanned entry missing from the Scan log file or when you open the entry, it won't show any scan log details?

It started after 5.4.19. That's when the scheduled scans started not appearing in the log file. Then EIS logged OK on the 9th and then stopped again. I did not cancel any scans midway. I run a scheduled in-depth daily scan. When a scan completes, I can open the scan file (in the just completed scan window) and see the results. It also shows in the scheduler as the "last time run". I have screen shots to document all of this.

As I said, if I run a "smart scan" ("scan your computer"), that does show in the scan log.

It's quite perplexing:blink:. I have not deleted and re-established my daily scan in scheduler as of yet.

But, I guess that is what's next.

It's a small potato, but I'd just thought I'd ask first.

Regards,

Tom

5.15.19 Update: I've deleted and re-established the scheduled scan, so we'll see what happens going forward.

Edited by TomFace
added 5.15.19 update

14 hours ago, TomFace said:

It started after 5.4.19. That's when the scheduled scans started not appearing in the log file.

For me the problem appeared a few days earlier. I reported it here.

For what it is worth, I gave up on scheduled scans when multiple issues with the feature surfaced after the ver. 12.1.34 upgrade. I am just waiting until the next ver. upgrade to verify that the issue has been resolved.

9 minutes ago, AGH1965 said:

For me the problem appeared a few days earlier. I reported it here.

Not the same issue....my scans are running.

1 minute ago, TomFace said:

Not the same issue....my scans are running.

Same issue. Of course missed scans will never appear in the log file. Scans that run at the wrong time, shall appear though, but since the beginning of April that is no longer the case.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, AGH1965 said:

Same issue. Of course missed scans will never appear in the log file. Scans that run at the wrong time, shall appear though, but since the beginning of April that is no longer the case.

Whatever...:wacko:

Edited by TomFace

Well I am still having the same issue after deleting the scheduled scan and re-establishing it. The scan did run, it is showing in the scheduler last run time, I have (all kinds of) screen shots showing that, but it is NOT showing in the tools>log files>scans.

Not sure what to do next...really don't feel like uninstalling and re-installing...maybe the next program upgrade will have an affect....:unsure:

Regards,

Tom

• Administrators

No problem here with v12.1.34:

image.png

image.png

Please check if the number of files grows in "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\eScan".

Well it's not working for me. EIS version 12.1.34.

1884232366_Completedscan5_15_19.thumb.jpg.b48cf61bbc04fdb06f80391e4172c0a3.jpg

493429024_Completedscan5.15-193.thumb.jpg.a6dfb104f4990b8490d7f7de0bd428ae.jpg

1770698794_Completedscan5_15.19scheduler.thumb.jpg.d909e47d4818aba2bfe14f6a52372d52.jpg

Here it is as of 10:41AM EDT

1925728518_eScanfilesize5_16.191041AMEDT.jpg.a44f2993630a369eeff9173ecd75b52c.jpg

I will review file size after todays scan.

Thanks & regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

13 minutes ago, TomFace said:

I will review file size after todays scan.

Clear out the Computer scan log and see if that helps. Beginning to believe your issue deals with some type of Eset log file corruption. Are entries being created in other log files such as the Event log?

As I practice safe web surfing, most of the other categories in the log file are empty. My events log is full (899) of kernel updates and unable to connect-server not found (I do not stay connected to the internet when I'm not in front of my machine). I do have one blocked website, but otherwise it's empty. I have log maintenance scheduled once a week.

So, that being said, should I first verify the increase in the log size as Marcos suggested, or just clear the log now?   

Regards,

Tom

• Administrators

The next step is to check if the number of files in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\eScan rises each time a scheduled scan is due to run.

In my case every entry in the log corresponds with one file in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\eScan. So scheduled scans that ran but did not appear in the log, don't have a file in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\eScan.

Marcos it looks like the #count has not increased. What now?

1828350595_eScanfilesize5_16.191041AMEDT.jpg.bda18f07838688a555f0ef5fe9c8c5f3.jpg1811114048_eScan5_16_198.52PMEDT.jpg.ecc5793802ef96fafe14b34c0203740e.jpg

Let me know please.

Regards, 

Tom

Edited by TomFace

Good news...2 (or 3) days ago I did delete my scan logs (as per itman's suggestion) and for the past 2 days my scheduled scans are now logging. What I'll probably do is update my log maintenance so as to not have so many logs just sitting there.

Thanks again itman.

Regards,

Tom

12 hours ago, TomFace said:

What I'll probably do is update my log maintenance so as to not have so many logs just sitting there.

Don't believe it's due to log entry volume, but you can look at your existing Eset scheduled log maintenance task and verifying that it is running probably. My best guess is the log file got corrupted somehow. Chalk it up to one of those "s*!t happens" Windows happenings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, itman said:

Clear out the Computer scan log and see if that helps.

Also in my case this solved the problem. Thanks!

It is quite a coincidence though, that both TomFace's computer scan log and mine stopped working in the beginning of April.