Internet banking protection stops downloads

When I open my online banking in Firefox, ESET banking protection clicks in. However it seems to stop me from downloading pdf files of paper statements from the bank. The bank naturally insist it's not that problem. Is there a solution? At present I have to switch to Microsoft Edge every month to get the statements- enough said.

I believe this is by design.

The browser is for all practical purposes locked down. You can however print from the browse. So, you could print the statements; I assume Firefox's .pdf reader is not blocked?

From latest FF 66.0.5 and the Adobe alternate, PDF X-Change Editor app, I Dnload/Save PDF statements from 2 U.S. financial institutions all the time from within BPP. My bank Statements page offers a View PDF icon  and a floppy disk icon Save which asks to Open w/ PDF app or Save / path.

UK banks may have a different recipe for working with FF, but it can work.

Edited by COStark26

I have never had any luck using FF with BPP. Plus, it does not play well with my VPN or PW Mgr. 

As of late FF, is full of issues:angry:.

So I don't use it.

Regards,

Tom

I just recently installed FireFox and B&PP appears to work fine. It even opens my bank's web site directly from Firefox.

What I don't like is the way the Firefox web page show as an overlay to the B&PP web page versus a green bar around the page as in done in IE11. Is this the way BP&P is supposed to work with Firefox?

18 hours ago, itman said:

I just recently installed FireFox and B&PP appears to work fine. It even opens my bank's web site directly from Firefox.

What I don't like is the way the Firefox web page show as an overlay to the B&PP web page versus a green bar around the page as in done in IE11. Is this the way BP&P is supposed to work with Firefox?

FF & IE 11 both Open Separate Login page Windows for me with Green Borders.

IE 11 does Not Show a Tab for the BPP site - but FF does - and the Tab Page is mostly Green with white "You're in BPP" indicated & not much more. IE 11 appeared to show a green page for half a second but it disappeared. Have never known any other behavior with FF.

Edited by COStark26

2 hours ago, COStark26 said:

IE 11 does Not Show a Tab for the BPP site - but FF does - and the Tab Page is mostly Green with white "You're in BPP" indicated & not much more. IE 11 appeared to show a green page for half a second but it disappeared. Have never known any other behavior with FF.

Strange. Opened FF today and green border appeared. So guess that problem got resolved.

Don't know what you mean by "Tab Page is mostly Green with white "You're in BPP" indicated." If your referring to the top tab as shown in my below IE11 B&PP web page screen shot showing "Secured by Eset", that did not show in FF. -EDIT- It showed. I just had to reposition the web page window slightly. Also as the screen shot shows, no issues w/B&PP in IE11:

Eset_BPP.thumb.png.8a30ccd209a62d0758d6415d22c08b5f.png 

Edited by itman

12 hours ago, COStark26 said:

Not crucial but may as well clarify my post ...

I have no tab set up for B&PP in FireFox.

Note that my bank's URL has already been added to Eset's B&PP Protected Web sites list. When I enter the Bank's URL in FF's search window, below is a screen shot of what is shown. Also today, the little tab noting "Secured by Eset" on top of the green barred web page is missing again. For all practical purposes, B&PP in FF works identical to IE11 for me.

Eset_FF_BPP.thumb.png.5c0d9013e35f81f12987889bfb64e5b3.png

Edited by itman