Mail security 6, Spam rules dont apply for incoming email for quarantine mailbox?

Hallo,

we are using mail security 6 on an exchange server. Our quarantine mailbox is a shared mailbox, where also emails from "info@" will be delivered. In this mailbox, we have created filter rules so Email with "[Quarantine ]" will be moved to a specific folder. One rule is, that emails with doc attachment should be moved to the quarantine mailbox. Its working fine, when i'm sending me an email. But it doens't work for out info@ address. It seems, the rules will not applied for incoming emails for the quarantine mailbox. Is this intended or a bug or maybe a misconfiguration?

There are no infos about this behauvour in the documentation...

The mail transport protection is enabled. My rule is working for all the other mailboxes, but not for the quarantine mailbox. Is this intended? Is the quarantine mailbox excluded for checks of incoming emails?

• ESET Staff

Hi olsheset,

you are right, emails going to quarantine mailbox are not scanned. Do you have info@ set as quarantine mailbox in advanced setup?

Hi filips, yes kind of. Its a special shared mailbox, where info@ emails are redirected to it. So when eset skip mail traffic checks for the quarantine mailbox, then i should seperate it, right?

• ESET Staff

Of course you can create separate mailbox, but it's not necessary. EMSX skips scanning of emails going to the address set as quarantined mailbox in advanced setup. It should be enough to give the shared mailbox 2 addresses, e.g. info@ and quarantine@. Then set @quarantine as quarantine mailbox in advanced setup (so only emails going to @quarantine are skipped).