Eset Endpoint Cloned Agents

Hi Everyone

I'm having a bit of a weird issue. I recently upgraded from Eset Remote Administrator to Eset security management ( btw, love the new interface ). While I was in the spirit of upgrading everything I decided to update my master deployment image with the latest Eset Endpoint security as well as upgrade from Eset agent V6.5 to V7 and distributing it to approximately 50 computers.

Now here is where it went sideways. As always, I pushed a "reset cloned agent" task after everything successfully deployed and it's not working as expected. Only the master image resets, none of the others registered. This is only affecting computers that have been cloned. All the other computers in the company is working perfectly.

This used to work previously. Is V7 different in this regard?

Current Version Installed:

Eset Security Management center server 7.0.471.0    (Apliance)

Eset Management Agent 7.0.577.0

Eset Endpoint Security V7.1.2045.5

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Please let me know should additional info be needed.

• Administrators

• ESET Staff
53 minutes ago, MinaMoo said:

Now here is where it went sideways. As always, I pushed a "reset cloned agent" task after everything successfully deployed and it's not working as expected. Only the master image resets, none of the others registered. This is only affecting computers that have been cloned. All the other computers in the company is working perfectly.

This used to work previously. Is V7 different in this regard?

There has been support for cloning implemented in ESMC, which means this scenario should be handled automatically if properly configured, without executing mentioned task.

Once machine was cloned, new Cloning Question for ESMC administrator should have been created -> until it will be resolved, cloned devices won't be able to communicate with ESMC and thus not able to reset itself. There is possibility to resolve it in a way that every other clone of specific device will automatically results in creation of new devices, as if reset cloned task was executed. I would recommend to check whether there are any cloning questions available -> they should be accessible through client details of "master image" or in status overview in ESMC console.