File Security and Terminalserver, Security Setting Setup...

Hello, 

• I searched in the knowledge base about "Eset Filesecurity + Terminialserver.
  • Do you think there is a KB Article about best practise  Terminalserver Settings?
  • Goal:   Customer with one Terminalserver and 20 Happy Clicker Users  needs more protection and awareness.
  • At the Moment the Users didn "learn" that they went to far, because there is no notification as far as I know.
  • Is is possible that the user gets a ESET Warning right below if he opens the ransomware Word document?
  • I only need to insert the Usernames in the ESET Options "show notification to following users: ......"
  • The users have no ESET Icon right below, because my admin-collegue put ESET into "Terminalserver Mode"
  • I know, that here are some nice ideas: https://support.eset.com/kb3433/
  • ESET Config Passwort is activated, ERA 7 is available, File Sec 7 is installed
  • Thx for your opinion!

Best Regrards

• Most Valued Members

If the File Server is set as Terminal then no GUI would be presented , only if launched with admin rights , the GUI would show up.

You could integrate Document Protection by enabling it in settings.

You could set File Server to be at strict cleaning level where it wouldn't ask about cleaning depending on your settings , it will ask only if the detected file is a system related file , enabling the PUA setting is also good if the users aren't aware of what they are doing

HIPS which is available in FileServer should be able to protect from Ransomware as it does have Ransomware-Shield.

If you could be more detailed about what you are looking for I could provide with more help.

Edited by Rami

• Administrators

In terminal mode gui is not running so no notifications can be displayed on the screen. It is possible that in future versions egui proxy will allow for displaying notifications and alerts to users without consuming too much memory resources.