Synchronizing with Active Directory

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

Versions:

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.577.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.429.0)

I've synchronized SMC with the AD so the SMC now has the list of systems.  While the majority systems have checked in, I still have some that are still at "Unknown" status.

I've set the GPO policy to set the firewall to allow the agents to connect to the SMC; but still, they aren't connecting.

I have 4 XP systems and 1 Windows 7 and 1 Windows 8.0 systems not yet connecting.

Aside for the DNS/rDNS setup and the firewalls, what other things should I look at?

Thanks!

Edmund

Edited by ewong

• Administrators

What errors are logged in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html  and trace.log on the not connecting clients?

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

What errors are logged in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html  and trace.log on the not connecting clients?

Hi Marcos,

What is the equivalent directory on XP?

Edmund

• Most Valued Members

To answer my own question:

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

I'm seeing the following in Status.html (as well as the trace.log):

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "192.168.8.25" port: 2222' failed with: Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Incorrect/unknown certificate or key format.

Which I think

might help.

Edmund