Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbahes

Hackers Selling Access and Source Code From Antivirus Companies

I presume Eset was not hit as it isn't US based but it does show that nothing is ever 100 percent secure.

The only U.S. based AV concerns I can think of are McAfee, Symantec, Malwarebytes, and PCMatic. And Symantec is questionable since most of their operations are in India these days.

1 hour ago, itman said:

The only U.S. based AV concerns I can think of are McAfee, Symantec, Malwarebytes, and PCMatic. And Symantec is questionable since most of their operations are in India these days.

Didn't even know pcpitstop was still about

37 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Didn't even know pcpitstop was still about

Yep. Alive and kicking. AV-Test includes them in their consumer test series. It is still "the king" of FP detections though drastically improved from the days when the FPs numbered in the thousands.

1 hour ago, itman said:

Yep. Alive and kicking. AV-Test includes them in their consumer test series. It is still "the king" of FP detections though drastically improved from the days when the FPs numbered in the thousands.

Doesn't malwarbytes consider it as a potential unwanted program?   

11 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Doesn't malwarbytes consider it as a potential unwanted program?   

Have no idea since I haven't used MBAM for years. Like any realtime scanner, it shouldn't be installed as such on any PC using PCMatic, Eset. or any other realtime AV solution.