Add Mobile to Smart Security license (Family?)

Hello

I currently have an ESET Smart Security license for my PC and received a tablet for Christmas running Android OS.  I'd like to know if it is possible to 'upgrade' my license model to a family package from my current single license and pay the difference.  I'm licensed until 3/3/2015 for my PC.

I couldn't find anything on your site that suggests that I can so I'm not particularly hopeful.

Thanks!

Cthulhu

• Administrators

The best would be if you contact the distributor from whom you purchased your license. Basically having an ESET Smart Security license doesn't entitle you to download ESET Mobile Security for mobile devices but distributors offer various product packages for discounted price than if you were to purchase the products separately.

I ended up buying Mobile Security as it was only ~$8.00..  but I'm still wanting something for the wife's iPAD... my distributor is ESET directly... I don't know if any stores in town actually carry ESET, but I know I don't have a business relationship with any of them.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Apple's security model for iOS (the operating system used by the iPad and iPhone) prevents software developers from hooking deeply into the operating system to perform the kinds of examination needed for anti-malware programs.  As a consequence, ESET does not develop anti-malware software for iOS.  ESET does have other security programs available for iOS, like the ESET Threat Center and ESET Secure Authentication apps, but they are not anti-malware apps in the same was ESET Mobile Security is for Android, Symbian or Windows Mobile.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky