Detection Engine out of Date (EEA 7.X) global

HSW

Hi,

is there a problem with the update Server (on ESET side)? All clients get the same problem today. (Cant Update)

All clients login for 1h are fine, new clients get all the same error.

2019-05-06_08h23_31.png

• Administrators

Please check proxy server settings and make sure they are correct. You can also try updating directly, bypassing a proxy and see if Endpoint updates then alright.

We update directly, Modul Update still fail.

EDIT: Now Update starts :)

EDIT2: Not finalize :(

Edited by HSW

I test with a fresh VM -> no Modul Update possible (2 different errors)

- Update load endless and wont start

- Update starts and do not finish (like picture)

I also Test with Regular Updates, Test Updates and slow Updates -> no change

2019-05-06_09h20_04.png

i think so, maybe a ESET Server problem, i hope they fix quick, 94 clients affected till now.

• Administrators

No problems here. I've also tried a full update and update files with the total size of 144 MB were downloaded withing 30 seconds and the subsequent update process finished alright.

Should the problem persist:
- enable advanced update engine and network protection logging
- reproduce the update error
- disable logging
- gather logs with ELC.

Updates are working now, clients with update problem 94 -> 54.

thx for what ever you have done :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JB Puig said:

I've got the same problem : update impossible and it says livegrid is unavailable too. For all my users.

Most likely a problem with a proxy, firewall or your ISP with blocking the communication. Please provide logs according to the instructions above.

Still not working for me when connection from our company internet line. I double checked the firewall but can't manage to find where does the problem comes from.

I generated the log file with ESET Log Collector but it is 183 MB (the dump file itself is 421MB not zipped).

How can i send it to you ?

Thanks !

• Administrators

You can upload it to Onedrive, Dropbox, etc. and drop me a private message with a download link.

• Administrators

@JB Puig: I've hidden your post with a link to ELC logs since they may contain sensitive information. It's safe to upload attachments here since only moderators have access to them, however, when providing download links to logs it's safer to send them in a private message.

As for the logs, obviously we were getting no response to HEAD requests so it appears to be a problem of the proxy on 10.12.1.4:

image.png

OK sorry i wanted to send it in private but forgot at the last minute.

10.12.1.4 is the machine running the Eset Admin console. It is a Windows 2012 server. Maybe an update has changed something.

I will have a look.

Thanks for your help !

By the way i didn't know the updates were being made through the admin console machine. It seems obvious for bandwidth reasons, but i thought i needed to "activate" it in some way, and i did not see any feature like this on the console

Edited by JB Puig
add someting