Weird site blocked

I was searching for something on google and I clicked a YouTube video that was suggested to me and I got a notification that eset nod32 blocked a site called us.cssvsync.com something like that and I didn’t even entered that website

• Administrators

Do you have a game by Vesta Soft LLC installed? What application accessed the url and is listed in the Filtered website log?

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you have a game by Vesta Soft LLC installed? What application accessed the url and is listed in the Filtered website log?

I don’t even know what game is that and the application is Microsoft edge cp exe

11 minutes ago, Masamunnex said:

I don’t use Adblock tho

Assumed is the web site you are viewing the utube video on is trying to redirect you to us.cssvsync.com.

Try playing a utube video from another web site and see if the same Eset alert is displayed. If no alert is displayed, the problem is the web site where you attempted to play the first utube video.

What was the explanation in the warning popup? Was it a certificate error warning? I have gotten those in the past when trying to play certain YouTube videos.

Edited by TomFace

16 minutes ago, itman said:

Assumed is the web site you are viewing the utube video on is trying to redirect you to us.cssvsync.com.

Try playing a utube video from another web site and see if the same Eset alert is displayed. If no alert is displayed, the problem is the web site where you attempted to play the first utube video.

The YouTube video that was suggested was on google 

9 minutes ago, TomFace said:

What was the explanation in the warning popup? Was it a certificate error warning? I have gotten those in the past when trying to play certain YouTube videos.

I didn’t see it just was that the website was blocked from a blacklist

I was afraid that it did something because the eset said it was blocked, I did a full pc scan and it didn’t find anything it’s a new pc around a month old

As best as I can determine, us.cssvsync.com is not a publicly routed domain name. In other words, it does not resolve DNS-wise to anything I have tried. So there is no way to verify what Eset is detecting.

Tackled this another way.

Eset Filtered Web Site log equates us.cssvsync.com to IP address, 88.214.193.110. Using that IP address for a Robtex lookup yields:

171112865_Eset_Block.thumb.png.d988f81c93807e67c5de251f9e66f89f.png

A server located in the U.K.

Next entered the same IP address into IPVoid which yielded:

Eset_Block_2.thumb.png.3dce598209f5aad44c2a42dce9d633a3.png

All this indicates that any DNS server routing to us.cssvsync.com FQDN is most likely nefarious.

5 minutes ago, itman said:

Tackled this another way.

Eset Filtered Web Site log equates us.cssvsync.com to IP address, 88.214.193.110. Using that IP address for a Robtex lookup yields:

171112865_Eset_Block.thumb.png.d988f81c93807e67c5de251f9e66f89f.png

A server located in the U.K.

Next entered the same IP address into IPVoid which yielded:

Eset_Block_2.thumb.png.3dce598209f5aad44c2a42dce9d633a3.png

All this indicates that any DNS server routing to us.cssvsync.com FQDN is most likely nefarious.

What’s nefarious 

I just played a couple of uTube videos using IE11that were accessed via Google search lookup. No alerts from Eset whatsoever.

It appears the problem is related to neither of these sources directly. But rather, by whatever web site being accessed by users to then access uTube that is causing the Eset alert.  

15 minutes ago, itman said:

I just played a couple of uTube videos using IE11that were accessed via Google search lookup. No alerts from Eset whatsoever.

It appears the problem is related to neither of these sources directly. But rather, by whatever web site being accessed by users to then access uTube that is causing the Eset alert.  

So my pc is safe right? 

40 minutes ago, Masamunnex said:

So my pc is safe right? 

If your PC is not receiving frequent Eset alerts on this regard, I would say so. On the other hand if the alert appears randomly without the browser open for example, I would say further examination would be required.

18 minutes ago, itman said:

If your PC is not receiving frequent Eset alerts on this regard, I would say so. On the other hand if the alert appears randomly without the browser open for example, I would say further examination would be required.

I didnt receive that alert since it happens and I don’t receive that alert anymore at all

1 hour ago, itman said:

I remembered that I got the first msg when I checked my internet speed and not when watched a YouTube video I just entered speed test website and when I started the test it gave me again that msg same website blocked same ip when I exited the browser and entered the speed test site again, it gave me again that msg about the blocked site 

Edited by Masamunnex

43 minutes ago, Masamunnex said:

I remembered that I got the first msg when I checked my internet speed and not when watched a YouTube video I just entered speed test website and when I started the test it gave me again that msg same website blocked same ip when I exited the browser and entered the speed test site again, it gave me again that msg about the blocked site 

Please enter the URL for the speed test web site.

7 minutes ago, itman said:

Please enter the URL for the speed test web site.

It’s the first website that you find when you search speed test speedtest.net the one powered by ookla

Edited by Masamunnex

5 minutes ago, Masamunnex said:

It’s the first website that you find when you search speed test speedtest.net the one powered by ookla

If this is the one you used, I just tried it with and without my VPN (both with IE11) and had no issues at all.

https://www.speedtest.net/ 

13 minutes ago, Masamunnex said:

I have no problems with https://www.speedtest.net/ using IE11. But I am also in the U.S. and you are in Israel. Obviously, routing to the web site via Internet backbone is different for you.

Try using a few different browsers and see if the Eset alert issue persists. If it does in all browsers, the next step is to contact your ISP provider and have them do a line test on your Internet connection. 

Edited by itman